Prompt when sending payment without reference

(Sam) #1

I just made an outgoing payment to my credit card, and I forgot to enter a payment reference, causing an instant headache.

I feel the UI should really have the payment reference field as required, or at least prompt to indicate that I’m sending the payment without a reference and is this really what I want.

Even better, since the UI has a hidden list of previous references values, if there is just one value, just auto-enter it? Or prompt to re-use it?

(Jonathon) #2

It sucks that it happened, but I detest being made to put in a reference. I don’t need them for 99% of my payments, and I end up with TRANSFER on my bank statement, just sets my niggles going.

It should drop down with previous references if you’ve done it before.

(MikeF) #3

It does. A ‘blank’ warning would still be nice though (for me).

(Jonathon) #4

I would have no objection to a warning :slight_smile:

(Andy) #5

+1 for a warning here or prompt to confirm no reference needed

(Tony) #6

Only do a warning if you’ve previously used a reference, and aren’t this time. If you’ve never used a reference you shouldn’t get a warning at all.

(MikeF) #7

Hmm. That still lets you mess it up on your first go. :expressionless:

(Tony) #8

Okay, warn on the first, but not subsequently.

(Hugh Wells) #9

HSBC’s credit card division reject payments without a valid reference :slight_smile:

(MikeF) #10

That sounds unnaturally sensible of them…

(Anthony) #11

I’ll be the voice of rejection here; a prompt would add friction, and Monzo are really trying to create a frictionless UX. Before you enter your PIN, you are shown the account numbers, amount, and reference if you entered one.

This is where you have a chance to stop, read over what’s there, then enter your PIN to confirm. I think that’s ample opportunity :slight_smile: