Progress bar required for transfers

Hi

So I have been watching a number of films/TV shows etc where the bad guy gets a cool progress bar when they transfer cash over to another account.

I want this feature.

When I send my wife £3.99 for the latte I owe her it would be so cool to see the money transfer 0-100% progress bar style, maybe over say 20 seconds with a small risk of it being interrupted just to keep us all on the edge of our seats. It would go towards fulfilling my dream of being an international art thief.

Thanks

16 Likes

Immediate shortlisting for post of the year. :arrow_up::arrow_up:

15 Likes

It also needs to be non-linear.

0-50% - 1 second
50-80% - 5 seconds
80-100% - 15 seconds minimum

6 Likes

So long as it’s not measured in Apple seconds :joy:

If you watch thrillers, the transfers normally tick up, cent by cent, to add suspense. Rather than just ‘:white_check_mark: Complete’

1 Like

I think nationwide has similar. And Revolut gives you a progress page (and an annoying email everytime you send money).

Don’t think it’s necessary here in the UK as we have faster payments, but America doesn’t have the infrastructure to move them that fast (for the most part anyway)

It needs to have a dodgy calculation for the estimated time like the old windows dialog used to have.

An animation of a bank note (like the paper in the above) from one bank to another would be nice too :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Someone’s been watching the iMessage progress bar.

2 Likes

Make it look proper old school:
DownloadingTheInternet
With accurate error messages too.

5 Likes

What about we use all of the above graphics but sometimes there can be a hand that grabs the money mid air and it disappears?

4 Likes

Ahh a whole generation of kids who’ll never know the sweet, sweet sound of…

“Nrrr,screech,fzzzz” etc.

4 Likes