✅ Pots for joint accounts

Thanks for pointing that out.
What methods have people used then to ‘get around’ this for now.

One pot in one of the personnel accounts. This is going for saving pots but what about ‘protected monies’ so say the ‘Bills’ money. As all the DD’s now come from the other account.

We keep all our money in our joint account, whatever’s left at the end of the month is transferred to a personal pot

Originally, i was transferring all my bills/rent to the joint account as soon as i was paid. However, this meant that regular spending (shopping, eating out etc) was eating into rent money without us realising. So now i’m keeping bills/rent money in a pot in my personal account and transferring to the joint account a few days before it goes out. Not great if i forget to transfer it…

Can’t the Summary help you in this situation? If you’re paying rent with DD/SO then will will be deducted from the remaining balance on the summary screen. I use the value shown on the summary screen rather than relying on the current account balance

1 Like

Any update on when we can expect to see joint account Pots?

7 Likes

Thanks!

Great news that pots for JAs are coming! thanks for the update

Yes need pots for JA. Just convinced my wife to (reluctantly) move to Monzo for this purpose so need the function soon pls!

2 Likes

I know its stated in a few places, but you do such a good job of attracting people in its easy to miss. Then its a v early blow to find this functionality missing. I’ll put my name on the growing list of people who’ve talked up the idea of changing over to Monzo to partners, with this functionality in mind, to be left playing games with personal account pots for budgeting. It’s a shame.

7 Likes

I know exactly what you mean! Need joint pots ASAP otherwise it’s a non-starter.

2 Likes

First time poster (long time customer) my one and only request…

@tristan and the team at Monzo, please, please, please add pots for joint accounts. :pray:

5 Likes
7 Likes

Brilliant! I didn’t even know they were missing until this week when we opened our joint account. So this is good news; thanks!

Great news that joint pots are in the pipeline! We’ve just got engaged and we really want a Wedding pot on our joint account so that we can start saving together. Hope this comes through soon!

6 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face:

3 Likes

Any update with this? :stopwatch: :crossed_fingers::+1:

1 Like

When the pots come to joint account, will the ‘top up’ feature be available (not sure it’s proper name - the round up of payments and the difference saved)?

2 Likes

It was originally called the coin jar, but I think it’s more recently just been called round ups.

I’d usually have guessed that round ups would definitely come with joint account pots - but then again I would have said the same thing about pots coming to joint accounts…

1 Like

You would hope that you could only round up joint account to joint pot. But be able to round a sole account to a sole of joint pot.

And ideally round both to the same joint pot if you so wish. :slightly_smiling_face: