✅ Pots for joint accounts

Generally things are released towards the end of the month like savings pots last week. I’d guestimate that the next time we hear anything will be at the end of this month now. :slight_smile:

Id be happy if round-up savings from spending from the joint account went into a joint pot, then I guess you could move it anywhere you wanted after that.

I’d be surprised if we see it this side of Christmas :tired_face:

:sob::sob:

What is the latest news on this? :thinking:

Shouldn’t be too hard to add round-ups, but I imagine we won’t include this initially. It would hopefully come soon afterwards.

We like to keep changes small and focused, so that we can ship them to you faster :blush:

4 Likes

How are the joint pots looking, @tjvr? Any news?

4 Likes

Thanks @tjvr!

I’m also keen to have an update… they seem well overdue!

4 Likes

No sign of it here :face_with_head_bandage::back:

2 Likes

I did see a blog post recently mentioning bringing joint accounts up to speed with single accounts, so maybe it’s all lumped in with that. Will try and find the link.

3 Likes

There was a post about 3 weeks ago where @edwoollard mentioned that his team was working on it… but I can’t find any more up to date info :frowning:

I think with that many people with joint accounts asking for it…it should really be pushed up the ‘to-do list’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the blog post I was thinking about, from 16th Oct:

Thanks,

they say hopefully they will get it all done by the end of 2018 but will continue to work on into the new year on anything they don’t finish…
The Monzo teams are usually pretty good on keeping to their deadlines from past ‘big lists’ that they have done before :slight_smile:

Joint pots for me are the main thing me and my girlfriend want so we can start saving properly together for holidays etc.

2 Likes

Yeah, joint pots are a big one for me too. Adds too much friction to transfer to one of our individual accounts (plus then the other can’t access it!)

From @Naji on joint pots:

1 Like

That’s fantastic news… l wonder what Monzo view ‘shortly’ as in time scale terms haha

:eyes: :soon:

I’d hope this is pretty imminent, based on the fact that there seems to be a lot of work on pots, generally, at the moment, plus it being mentioned by :monzo: staff a few times in the last month. But that’s just a wild guess!

2 Likes

I read that as joint account pots will be on the road map shortly, not that release is imminent :frowning:

1 Like

Where’s the dislike button!