Pots for joint accounts

I like the idea of what Bunq do. I wonder though, whether it’s a bit too much of the advanced class for what Monzo’s trying to build?

It’s a simpler and more elegant solution…

Is Monzo aiming for second class?! :slight_smile:

I didn’t say that! I meant that they are after an elegant solution to make money work for most people.

I haven’t used Bunq but it strikes me that it might be a bit more focused on the power user and therefore bring in some complexity?

On the contrary, I think it’s a lot easier to use and understand. Try the premium package for the free month and see!

I’d love to, but I’m not overly keen on that business model - and I’d heard some negative feedback about canceling. So I think I’ll pass for now! :slight_smile:

Yes, their onboarding has confused a lot of people.
Just go with the Premium for the first month.
Cancelling is just one tap in the app.

Of course, if you don’t use Euros, it’s pointless anyway

I’m in the market for a replacement euro account. I’m thinking Starling atm, though…

There’s really not much to lose just trying it out.
Bunq at least is up and running right now.
The confusion with Premium trial was partly that people just can’t believe they will send you three cards and let you open 25 full accounts, then let you downgrade before paying anything. But that’s because their offering has been aimed more at expats, I think.

Only useful for Sepa transfers for most UK users though, so best as a free account in conjunction with Transferwise or Revolut into eg Monzo. Just use the trial month to open those 25 accounts.

Who knows how long we’ll be waiting for Starling…

(Helen) #69

Also, waiting for news on joint pots. Keen to see this feature added asap as signed up for a joint account without realising this wasn’t live yet.