Pots - Feedback Thread šŸÆ

Iā€™ve been chatting to Edward, an engineer on our Savings Squad, and he tells me that yes, you need to withdraw before 11:59pm on the previous working day for it to arrive in your account before 5pm the next working day.

He adds:

The smallest loop would be about 17 hours. The user withdrawing just before midnight and then however quickly we were able to process the withdrawals the next day (but definitely before 5PM).

6 Likes

It would be cool to have this as a prompt in app when creating a scheduled payment in a interest savings pot. Or even if behind the scenes it would request the money the day before, to ensure it does come out of the pot on the specified date.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @ASKendrew! Have passed on to the Savings team.

3 Likes

@misterspam: I created a thread for date/deadline on pots here.

Iā€™m sure itā€™s been mentioned before, but I would love for Pots to be hidden from the main page. Too much clutter!

I donā€™t recall someone asking for them to be hidden but there are concept designs that show them taking up significantly less space, which should make a huge difference :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds good :+1:t2:

Hidden Pots have been mentioned a few times as a feature to potentially help people save money (out of sight, out of mind).

1 Like

Statements need to be improved to better summarise pots such improvements could include:

1. Pot name to be given instead of just ā€œtransfer to savings potā€
  2. As well as the total balance, there should be a list of sub totals listing the individual pots and main account.
1 Like

It would be great if we could select our own photos for different pots, I find the options quite limited and it would be better to see an image of what we are saving for for exampleā€¦as Iā€™ve currently got 4 piggy banks which doesnā€™t look great!
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Birdsy Youā€™ll be pleased to know this is in the works,

Hope you donā€™t mind me moving your post to join the others :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guess what folks! :wink:

The pots detail screen weā€™ve all been eagerly awaitingā€¦ :eyes: Itā€™s almost here!

https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-beta-channel-changelog/10207/809?u=nexusmaniac

5 Likes

Sorry if this question has been asked already butā€¦ If you have a pot that is locked, can IFTTT still withdraw money from it?

No.

1 Like

I canā€™t decide if thatā€™s good or bad? I quite like the idea of my weekly budget being taken from a pot that I canā€™t access so I canā€™t take the money before it should be taken. So much easier than having to create lots of different pots that unlock at different times every month

I would probably lock a pot until the day youā€™d like IFTTT to withdraw the funds from the pot and transfer to your main pot.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good idea, I am just being lazy!!

I had a quick search and couldnā€™t find it: can you move money between pots?

No, unfortunately not at the moment.

1 Like

Iā€™d like it if instead of the transaction description being ā€˜Transfer to pot [pot name]ā€™ there could be two, something like:-

ā€˜Manual transfer to [pot name]ā€™

and

ā€˜Automatic transfer to [pot-name]ā€™

This would make it easy to distinguish in accounting software what transfers were made manually and which were made because of rounding-up.

I guess a work around in the meantime if to have two pots, and auto-save to one whilst manually transferring to another.

1 Like