Pots - Feedback Thread 🍯

I like this one. I’d definitely use this feature!

4 Likes

Sorry if posted above would love to have the option to edit a sched payments into pots rather than delete and re add the sched payment.

3 Likes

Also to allow shed payments in to pots every 28 days / 4 weeks :wink:

Hi guys, a bit of feedback from me on pots. It’s be good if we were able to add some notes to a pot or have sub-balances. For example, I’d rather have a pot for ‘Holidays’ with £500 in it, and be able to have somewhere to note that £200 is towards xx holiday and £300 is toward yyy holiday, than have multiple pots for every trips.

Similarly, I’d really like to have this functionality in the budgets. There could be multiple events in a month that I’d budget from the ‘Shopping’ or ‘Entertainment’ budget, but I’d like to be able to see how much was assigned to each even to track if I’m leaving myself short.

Hope that makes sense!

6 Likes

Hi - question on Pots scheduled payments.

So I get paid on the 8th of every month, but if the 8th is a weekend it’s the next working day, meaning I can get paid anywhere between 8th and 10th.

Now with the summary page it picks up my pay date and these options as the start of the monthly budget.

I would like to set my scheduled payments to the pots for the 8th, but does the scheduled pots payment have the option transfer on the next working day if the money is not available or at least pick up the start date from the summary?

1 Like

Love the pots - perfect for squirrelling bits of money here and there.

Seeing as I have a fair few pots, it would be nicer to see the account screen / pots in a list view so all information is on one screen.

Also don’t know how possible this is but do pay from a pot would be great. Not sure how that could happen.

Cheers

:soon: https://twitter.com/MakingMonzo/status/1069630800948355072

Happy days!

Sorry, no. Pot transfers work on the selected date only. There aren’t currently any options to play around with that other than manually fiddling with them.

That’s a shame.

But thanks for letting me know. I’ll just have to set them up each month.

Normally if payday falls on a weekend it’s the Friday we’ll has been with my jobs :wink:

Unfortunately not in my place. It’s on the Monday. Very frustrating.

Not the weirdest pay scheme I’ve ever had though. One company I worked for used to pay us on the first Tuesday after the first Friday of the month. So payday was anywhere between the 5th to the 11th. Was a nightmare.

That’s just bizarre. I’d love to know why anyone even bothered to define that sort of timing!

4 Likes

I use pots to help my budget and i set aside money on a monthly basis for yearly bills, monthly expenses (petrol, groceries etc) and savings. This has left me with a lot of pots jumbled in a random order. Would it be possible to add a feature to reorder this pot list? Or even allow pots to be placed within a folder like structure so categorising them could be made easier?

8 Likes

I have a load of pots for various future payments, but I also have a couple I use for monthly budgeting - “Fuel”, “Groceries” etc, which I frequently transfer between as I make purchases. Trouble is, with so many pots (and no way to order them) it takes some scrolling and makes it hard to compare pot contents etc.
Could we have an option to disable the pot image, so we just get a list of pots, maybe also make all the additional options below each card collapsible so it just makes a concise list of pots and their values? Maybe enable tapping on the pot name to re-display the collapsed options?

Some quality mock-ups:
QualityMockup2 QualityMockup

2 Likes

Nice mockups!

How’s about shrinking the image? :wink:

Monzo are planning on redesigning the pots, it’s really close to completion too :heart_eyes:

https://twitter.com/MakingMonzo/status/1069630800948355072

There’s been a bunch of cool feedback over in this thread :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh nice! I’ve not seen those designs - far better than my attempts! :joy:
Will check out the pots thread now.

2 Likes

Discussion on the new designs that @nexusmaniac kindly posted is here… :slight_smile:

https://community.monzo.com/t/a-new-look-for-the-account-tab/57705

1 Like

Any timeframes on this that Monzo will leak to us?

The last I heard was that it’s not far off and I can see it is in the ‘coming soon’ section of Making Monzo:

1 Like