Pots - Feedback Thread šŸÆ

Apologies if this has already been mentioned - the thread is a long one, and I donā€™t have the time to read it all.

Pots - it would be great if a direct debit could be scheduled that looks to take the money from a specified pot. If there is insufficient funds in the pot, it will take the payment from your main balance (or part of the payment from the pot and the rest from your main balance).

That would really help with budgeting.

1 Like

The Committed Spending pot is ā€˜a thingā€™ but I donā€™t believe itā€™s got beyond an initial trial version for staff at the moment. Thus thereā€™s no release date on the horizon at the minute.

2 Likes

I agree about the target date on savings pots. It would be nice, for example, when you are saving up for spending money on a holiday because you know there is a target date you are aiming for.

You could then show the same moving vertical line progress indicator you use on the budget bars but here the line goes from left to right as the date draws closer. That way you can see if your saving is on track to meet your target.

I donā€™t know if there is a better place to post this to get noticed, maybe I should raise its own thread?

2 Likes

IFTTT has something like this. Check it out.

Cheersā€¦ IFTTT is cool - I just donā€™t trust it

Ok. Thereā€™s only one way to build trust.

Iā€™m super paranoidā€¦ I wonā€™t even use Facebook.

I only have Facebook because I have to have it for my job.

I can fully understand why you wouldnā€™t want Facebook.

But IFTTT is just using Monzos levers automatically. You can set up which lever you want to pull and when. Thereā€™s no information leak or transfer.

I agree with you on Facebook (I deleted my account a long time ago).
But Iā€™d trust IFTTT more than Facebook since their revenue doesnā€™t come from selling data, but rather from providers (like Monzo) paying them.

Ok. Iā€™ll test it for leaksā€¦ listen to ports etcā€¦ :+1:

1 Like

Hi, Can someone answer a question for me please. If I set a scheduled payment to come out of my interest savings pot on a certain date, say the 28th for example. Would the money arrive in my account on the 28th or the 29th being as itā€™s the interest savings pot and you usually have to wait 24 hours for money out of that pot to arrive. Any advice would be appreciated.

if you go to your investment account pot you can read the terms and conditions by pressing the i for information on the right hand side -

it says
Image-1

I presume you would have to apply by a certain time initially for the one working day clock to start ticking, although I canā€™t see that anywhere in the information - so maybe not, as long as you request it by 23.59 then the next working day it should arrive by 16.00 according to my reading of it @yen ?

Thanks,

Yeah, I was thinking Iā€™d have to select the day prior to me wanting it to arrive in my account but wondered if it would be clever enough to start the 24 hours process prior to the date Iā€™ve selected.

wouldnā€™t have thought so because logically you only request it on the date you have set ?

Ok, thank you. That makes sense.

1 Like

Might do a little test to see for sure.

I love pots now! Awesome to see youā€™ve added locked pots :slight_smile:

I love locked pots too. I have a locked pot specifically for round ups and it is locked until the end of 2019.

I have a problem with overspending. Immediately I feel like I donā€™t want to spend money because I know I will ā€˜loseā€™ money to my locked pot! So itā€™s a good thing!

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s a separate thread for it but can I +1 for some date/deadline options in the saving goals for pots.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking into this now and will get back to you @iansilversides!

1 Like