Potential fraud

Hi there,

I received a transaction out of the blue for 124 Euros. I didn’t respond to it so it was automatically declined and no money has been lost. I’d like to report this as potential attempted fraud and get a new card in case this one has been compromised somehow, but as the transaction was declined it doesn’t appear in the list to report it. Is there another mechanism I can use to report this and receive a new card, or shall I just mark the card as lost/damaged? I’ve frozen the card for the time being.

I’d also be interested to know how this might have been possible, whether it could have been an honest mistake someone made when entering their card number or whether the card is likely to be compromised.

Thanks!

Hi. Welcome. Go to help > Search for “contact” and press Contact Us

Explain to Monzo and they’ll advise.

As for how, you’ll never know, could have been skimmed, could be compromised online, anything really.

4 Likes

Great, thanks! I was looking for a way to contact but couldn’t find the option before :slight_smile:

1. Tap the Home icon in the menu bar
  2. Tap the Freeze button under your Monzo card (if you can’t find these buttons, swipe down on your list of payments)
  3. Tap the Replace button under your Monzo card
  4. Tap I’ve been a victim of fraud or theft