Posting the same complaint repeatedly in different threads

Since you’re saying that we should intervene, I guess you mean that it’s a negative experience but one that we can handle?

Not a negative experience. If, as a leader, you feel it’s too much then you can message them. Personally I’m not fussed. It’s these type of threads I find more negative.

5 Likes

Maybe its just me, but if Monzo’s customers have a complaint, then that complaint should be solved not hidden away because Monzo or other people don’t like the complaint.

5 Likes

I agree & that’s not what this topic is about.

3 Likes

Maybe a solution to this is give those that want to talk/complain about Apple Pay somewhere to do it… somewhere where you opt in to see/contribute… somewhere which isn’t mixed in with the other discussion and won’t bother other people.

That’s the Apple Pay discussion thread, although it’s equally pointless there. The problem is that users post about it in other topics too.

1 Like

No worries. Just trying to help. I’m off to the Telegram group to talk about Apple Pay t.me/Monzo_UK.

1 Like

Maybe flag a post as off-topic then move it later?
The Discourse Meta doesn’t offer much more that hasn’t been tried, I’m afraid.

You and your banter would be very welcome.

I don’t see the problem with this. The posts are all on the same topic, so the ‘thread’ has had a post made to it. It’s much more helpful to have all posts on a topic in the same thread, otherwise the forum will become a mess.

3 Likes

That is far from what has happened. No one has acted like it’s taboo, in fact it has been discussed to death. And anyone can make their feelings known. We are talking about people who continue to berate Monzo about something when they know it won’t change anything, and doing it in various threads.

6 Likes

As a reader of the forum on a daily basis, it’s incredible that so many people have managed to derail this thread - Which is really asking a simple question…

I personally don’t think a “forum joke” about ApplePay (or any other feature), is a bad thing. However… the way these jokes manage to derail multiple threads gets very annoying, and it will undoubtedly turn people off very quickly.

If this forum wasn’t monitored so closely by Monzo, I’m sure there would be significantly more moaning, and critisicm of updates/features/Monzo in general. I think the balance is almost perfect - But users need to take responsibility for their own actions, and keep repetitive comments to one thread.

Lastly… It’s not about “closing down free speech” - It’s about moderating what is an incredibly useful forum, for people who would like to know more about a new Bank.

There are many many people who can help, and most of the time, the help is quick and accurate. Trolling and jokes repeated every day, in every thread are incredibly annoying, and if those people aren’t going to positively contribute… I don’t see the point in them being here.

11 Likes

You don’t see the point of them being here that’s your personal option just like it’s theirs to moan. What’s the difference?

2 Likes

Well, if their soul purpose was to derail and troll on every thread, I’d expect the admins to block them.

If they want to “keep the banter alive”, that’s fine - But do it in one thread, not every thread.

I’m struggling to see why you’d disagree with that? Would you prefer every thread to be side tracked and taken away from the original post?

1 Like

Or possibly you could just ignore them and get on with the rest of your day? Even better there is a block/ignore function which can be used if you are that insulated by them exercising their god given right to free speech.

In answer to your question as a adult I can ignore the little children and carry on living my life.

4 Likes

I’m not insulted by them. This topic was for feedback on what has become a polarising subject recently - I was just addding my thoughts.

I personally don’t feel the need to block/ignore anyone. I’ve read enough to know the common joke subjects, and can happily skip through it.

But I’ll disagree with you on this being an open forum where anything goes. The moderators make this (and pretty much any respectable online forum) as good as it is, through moderation.

Having a free for all simply ends in chaos.

4 Likes

I have never said that this is a open forum where anything goes so think again before attributing that to me.

So this forum is already being moderated and you can (and are) ignoring the joke subjects. Well there is no need for heavy handed moderation then. I think you have inadvertently proved my point.

1 Like

I can see we are looking at this from different angles - Which is fine (I’ll not continue down this path, at the risk of straying from the original post, and becoming a hypocrite!)

Looking at the responses so far, it seems roughly 50/50 of “keep it all” vs “move it to one thread”, so I guess the mods will do what they feel is in the best interest of the readers.

Perhaps an anonymous poll would have been a better way to approach this.

4 Likes

Now that this discussion had been had, and most people who regularly read the forum have probably seen it, can I suggest a moratorium to see if the behaviour which prompted @alexs to start this thread changes?

I’m the meantime, if anyone is annoyed by an egregiously off topic post, they can flag it for a leader to deal with?

1 Like

To be honest, I’m quite annoyed by the constant whining from some people about the constant whining of other people. Just don’t read what you don’t wanna read. It’s that simple.

And if Leaders find it to troublesome to be selective and/or longsuffering in their reading then quite frankly they may be missing an important qualification for their job.

6 Likes