Polishing Monzo - a little list?

I’ve just realised I never contributed my own list. Deep breath, it might be a long one!

• Logos for standing orders / transfers please. If nothing else, I’d quite like (the option of?) the receiving bank’s logo.
  • Full card number and security code in the app
  • Statement names so that they order properly. So something like starting with YYYY-MM.
  • A design change on the feed so that future transactions are hidden under a fold / tap or pull down to show. It’s fine when it’s one transaction tomorrow, but when you have 20 direct debits next Tuesday after a couple of bank holidays it’s a bit much.
  • In Summary, totals of committed and discretionary spend per category
  • Let Android users edit pot icons! (And a broader selection too, please)
  • Better tags. Maybe autocomplete previously used tags? Or suggest ones that have been used in similar transactions?
  • Copy/paste transactions! Not as weird as it seems - if I want to repeat a transfer from a pot and preserve all the same notes and tags, I’d like to be able to select it, copy it and paste it to make the same thing happen again.
  • Auto-tag transactions! Be able to set up standard tags / notes for direct debits, standing orders etc then have them automatically applied to every instance.
  • Apply tags based on rules (I’d kinda like a rules engine in Monzo, but if not then doing it through IFTTT would be fab)
  • Be able to move money between pots, not going via the current account - or even if it shows as two transactions, being able to execute it in one step.
  • I don’t know what the design solution is, but the way that credits / debits to pots are shown is counter-intuitive to me. £5 out of a pot is shown as a credit - I get why it is, but something doesn’t sit right. Maybe a design tweak?
  • Easier way of finding a date than scrolling - Monzo’s been around for years now!!
  • The Summary wheel is great in theory, but looks unpolished. The text below it looks feels like it could look better - and early in the month it just leaves (too much) white space. The rotating “x days to go” also feels like a better design choice on paper than in reality :frowning:
  • The budget icon is a target. Which made sense when budgets were targets. Not so much now.
  • A charity category!
  • Fix the design of transferring money in and out of pots! So so many people ask why they can only do it in £5 multiples!
  • Speaking of which, I’d like to be able to set budgets in Summary to the nearest pound (or tap and type) rather than using the +/- buttons
  • In Summary, I’d like to be able to tap forthcoming (greyed out) entries to amend the recurrence or see the ‘template’ transaction
  • I’d like a notifications centre - or notifications as feed items. They disappear and leave folk confused :frowning:
  • I’d like to be able to tap on a transaction and select a manual round up - with the same look and feel as the Coin Jar function - but which I can apply at will to, say, bank transfers or direct debits.

Phew, that was unburdening!

I’m sure there are more, but lots are less polish and more new functions…

:monzo:

18 Likes