Pizza Hut app not accepting Monzo cards?

Hi, just about to email the acceptance@ address to query this with Monzo, but wondered if anyone else has had problems using Monzo via the Pizza Hut app?

I’ve paid by Monzo without any problem until a couple of weeks ago. Payment wouldn’t go through that time but I shrugged and used another card. Tried tonight, my personal, joint, and wife’s personal Monzo cards were all refused. No shortage of funds just a message saying “that didn’t go to plan” which leads me to think it didn’t even get as far as a payment attempt. M&S Mastercard accepted first attempt.

Just wondered if it was local to my branch (unlikely) or if others had noticed. Thanks.

See this thread about maccies

2 Likes

I’ve only ever used Apple Pay with the Pizza Hut app when ordering, and it worked as recently as a few days ago… Not sure if that’ll help you. But definitely reach out to support!

1 Like

Yep - just saw that when I posted this, but thanks.

McDonald’s would be no loss at all to me :wink: but Pizza Hut… :frowning:

Coral Crew, if these are considered related then feel free to merge.

1 Like

I’m an Android man :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that.

10 Likes

I set them up… :joy:

2 Likes

I tend to put everything through PayPal Credit these days and then just pay that off. Saves me having to come up against these issues, not saying that’s a solution just why I don’t see the error much anymore.

1 Like

@AlanDoe where do we stand with CC merging threads by OP request right now?

1 Like

When you say the payment was refused, where did you see the refusal and what form did it take?

Did you see anything, however correct or incorrect, in the Monzo app?

It didn’t even seem to try and take payment. Instant 'that didn’t go to plan" or some similar message.

Didn’t seem so much a payment refusal/decline, more a block on the payment method. But that’s just my gut feel from how quick it happened.

1 Like

Doesn’t sound quite the same as the McDonald’s issue then, as that did at least get as far as tickling the Monzo app, so I would probably not merge the threads even if it is confirmed that I am allowed

1 Like

I think you’d need someone from Monzo to say “these issues are related” before you could consider merging. At the moment, while some think they might be related, they also might not.

1 Like

I wish my monzo card wouldn’t work at Pizza Hut…. Or just eat for that matter. I’d save a fortune :joy:

4 Likes

I’m not a fan of Pizza Hut, but spend enough at Papa John’s to earn free pizzas via their Rewards scheme :man_facepalming::joy:

1 Like

As an aside, this thread sub consciously made me want pizza. Just ordered through the app, no problems paying :eyes: But I foolishly did use Apple Pay again :sob: Guess I’ll have to test again later this week.

1 Like

Just order again now, can never have too much pizza.

1 Like

Can have too much judgement for being the local pizza fatty though :eyes:

2 Likes

I modelled for an art class last week, first modelling gig since before first lockdown. Hadn’t realised quite how much “lockdown lard” I’d put on until I saw the drawings. I’d have passed for a female model about 7 months pregnant if they hadn’t drawn the male bits too…

1 Like

Google Pay, then :slight_smile: