'PIN and Signature' on receipt

Has anyone seen this? It was a Google Pay transaction with no PIN or signature. IMG_20180812_170651

2 Likes

Hmm, Ref: PIN & SIG. Not seen that before myselfā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not seen that when I have used Apple Pay but I would imagine that when you use your finger print or face ID to initiate the payment that would class the same as entering your pin?

1 Like

This makes sense to me, or itā€™s just a badly designed terminal.

Doesnā€™t look like a terminal receipt to me. Seems like itā€™s the POS thatā€™s printing those based on the data returned by the terminal, and either incorrectly parsing the response or just has ā€œPIN & Signatureā€ hardcoded because back when this was developed contactless wasnā€™t a thing.

Also, does nobody think about user experience when developing these things? This has got to be the shittiest-looking receipt Iā€™ve seen in a while. They could make it so much better by reordering some of the stuff on there (and removing redundant information).

1 Like

The receipt itself shows No Cardholder Verification, so itā€™s using the same system as a normal contactless card for ā€˜authenticationā€™ā€¦

1 Like

Technically it says ā€˜O CARDHOLDER VERIFICATIONā€™ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, well, clearly someone didnā€™t align the printer/receipt paper/check the print width.

Itā€™s not paper cut off the edge, but yeah itā€™s width of the string. Still odd to cut off the first character, not the last.

1 Like

Right aligned text in a fixed width print field?

2 Likes

Never seen that but Iā€™m more interested in how good Sprinkles is! Iā€™ve never heard of them but Iā€™m a big fan of Swoon which is just up the hill a bit

Not greatā€¦ Iā€™ll have to check out Swoon!