Cosmetic Contactless / Apple Pay change

Hi guys,

Is there any chance you could add a contactless / Apple Pay identifier on the transaction feed. This would give the end user the ability to differentiate between contactless and chip and pin transactions.

Pete

7 Likes

It’s an interesting idea, and I’m sure the information is included in transactions to make it theorietically possible, but I’m curious why you would want it… :thinking:

2 Likes

Sometimes when you have a brainfart haha, the more details you have about a transaction the better you can identify it.

Just knowing it was contactless or chip and pin could refresh the memory.

1 Like

I get you. This is why I like seeing the map on transactions so I know which Co-op in Crewe I bought something from, etc.

I have often wondered why this is shown on bank statements. Is there a particular difference other than curiosity?

With other bank cards, contactless payments can take a few days to show up at all, longer than chip+pin or website transactions, while Apple Pay would often show up instantly. I think the varying timeframes for these transactions (particular for contactless being so slow) meant that highlighting the transaction method was useful when suddenly a transaction you don’t remember making shows up a week later. I think all banks are speeding up things like this (or perhaps “catching up” would be more appropriate :monzo:) so it’s becoming less useful.

Not sure of anything else.

2 Likes

agreed on that one, but when the PED has been registered somewhere else, sometimes that information is a bit sketchy :smile:

1 Like