Personal banking service quality - August 2022

GB

NI

You can find more information about this survey, as well as results from previous years, here Personal banking service quality | Ipsos

6 Likes

Interestingly I had to contact customer services on Sunday for the first time and it was the best experience I have had with Monzo in a long time. It feels like they’ve changed the workflow as it was a lot easier to define what my issue was, but also easy to click for chat if I still needed to.

4 Likes

Same here. Monzo responded in less than 15 mins and solved my query. Very happy with that

4 Likes

Who are these people absolutely not recommending AIB and RBS, but not switching themselves?

Do we have any idea why the results of Natwest and RBS differ to such an extent considering they are essentially the same, just with different colour and logos? Even in the categories where they are ranked closed together, they tend to have quite different scores.

3 Likes

vs February:

• Overall Service Quality:
    Monzo #1 (Position 1)

• Online Mobile + Banking Services:
    Monzo #2

• Overdraft:
    Monzo #3

1 Like

Must be demographics. As you say, the products are generally the same. Maybe there is separate customer service (though I doubt it)?

2 Likes

So not much change. To be honest, there is barely any change with any of them, which is to be expected really. No banks have suddenly got way better apps and it isn’t exactly new for banks to be closing their branches.

1 Like

Same for Halifax and Lloyds …

1 Like

I do think their products are a bit more different compared with RBS and Natwest, which is why I pointed them out, but you are still correct that there shouldnt be too much difference between those two.

If I can remember correctly, Lloyds and Bank of Scotland are essentially the same, with halifax slightly different. Correct me if Im wrong though.

1 Like

Interesting on the NI overdraft data, especially the absence of Starling. Does anyone know if they offer overdrafts in NI (or is it just that they don’t have enough customers to sample)?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s more or less correct. There’s no geographical overlap now with Lloyds and Bank of Scotland. Halifax is UK–wide.

Interestingly (subjective, I know) Bank of Scotland and Halifax are the same ‘bank’, with Lloyds a separate ‘bank’, all part of the same group.

3 Likes

No idea and Im struggling to find the Northern Ireland information on their website. Id expect that to give the reason why it isnt included, but cant find it.

3 Likes

I live in NI and I have an overdraft with Starling, so yes they do.

4 Likes

Must just be too few of you to give robust data. :thinking:

Approximately 500 customers a year are surveyed across Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland for each provider; results are only published where at least 100 customers have provided an eligible score for that service in the survey period.

5 Likes

As well as not being able to find the NI results, I really dislike how they have presented the survey results on their home page.

You cant tell withiut clicking on it which is the personal survey and which is the business survey. The business survey also comes first which will be unexpected for most people.

Once you do click on it, you are shown a decently sized paragraph that most people wont pay any attention to.

1 Like

Yep they offer it here

Most people I know with starling only use it for holidays so perhaps there were many don’t knows in the answers

2 Likes

Looking at those figures, why bother with Starling when you’ve got the likes of AIB and Bank of Ireland to choose from, eh? :joy:

8 Likes

I mean, RBS gets the same crap score in GB, yet I don’t think I can fault anything with their app or customer service. If anything, for me the app is – currently – easier to use than Monzo.

I appreciate it’ll be subjective but trying to get back into Monzo I feel dizzy with all the swipes and taps and different ways of interacting with the UI to get to a point I need. The home screen needs a massive redesign. I’m not a boomer and think I’m fairly competent with technology but navigating Monzo’s main page is a challenge currently

5 Likes