PDF statement for individual payments / transactions

If you’re trying to convince someone to do something, this is something you should avoid saying :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry It’s just my software engineering background talking :sweat_smile:
And I’m kind of used to having this feature. Back in Russia almost every bank app I’ve used allowed to export single transaction statements. It was a surprise to me that Monzo can’t do it.

Annoyingly if you take a screenshot you either get the amount or the account details on the same screen, never both. I guess it depends on the phone screen size but this is incredibly annoying.
For now you need to take two screenshots (top and bottom of the screen) and combine them in photoshop to get a “screenshot” of all the details in one picture.

C’mon monzo let me take at least a screenshot with all the details on one screen…

You don’t have extended screenshots? Are you on ios?

4 Likes

+1 for this.

It’s a great feature on Android where is scrolls for you while capturing your screen. No extra apps or anything necessary :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Yes, I’m on iOS :disappointed:

1 Like

iOS has it too.

“Full Page” at the top and then on the right you can crop it.

3 Likes

Wow. That has been hidden in plain sight.

1 Like

Well I never knew that! :exploding_head:

1 Like

And Android has the “Capture More” prompt which does the same :blush:

What is this witchcraft??!!!

Praise be to the keeper of the sacred knowledge

3 Likes

Really great tip, but this does not work in the Monzo iOS app. This only works in Safari iOS app and the likes AFAIC.

Picsew is an excellent (and inexpensive) app that can do this. I use it for all sorts of things.

1 Like

4 years and still nothing. I really like(ed) Monzo. Simple, easy to use but now I see it might actually be to simplistic. Shame really!

1 Like

I badly need this feature. Used the Wise app and when paying for the flat, in 2 seconds transaction confirmation to the landlord. Switched to Monzo and cannot do it. Seriously thinking to switch to Relolut now. Not convenient at all.

1 Like

Starling offer this :eyes:

It doesn’t sound like a very trusting landlord if they want proof of payment every month :grimacing:

2 Likes

Why? I am working with the company that acts on behalf of the landlord. Previously I notified them by email attaching the receipt about the monthly payment. Also, I keep these receipts for myself.

This is a simple feature that is very useful.

As for Monzo support, I’ve been waiting for my card for 2 months. So, for this moment, I am disappointed with the absence of the client-oriented approach.

1 Like

Ok let me re-phrase. It doesn’t sound like a very trusting company that is acting on behalf of your landlord. None of the services I use require me to send proof that I’ve sent money - they just check their account that it’s there on the date it is due :man_shrugging:

Anyway…

It’s a feature hardly anyone seems to want. In 4 years it has only amassed 69 votes - be sure to vote for it if you see value but I wouldn’t hold your breath :slight_smile:

I don’t think that is a fair conclusion (applies to all suggestions on here of course). People who use this site are a tiny percentage of bank users and are also a very specific demographic.

I could counter your conclusion by saying if nobody wants it, why do some other banks put dev time in and provide it?

But I do agree with don’t hold your breath for it on Monzo :slight_smile:

2 Likes