PayPal refund

I received a refund this afternoon via PayPal, the funds having been sent from my Monzo card. The refund is showing on my PayPal activity screen, but still nothing showing as a credit to Monzo. Is this to be expected please?

1, might take a couple of days to reach your Monzo account depending on how quick PayPal are feeling :slight_smile:
2, it’s worth checking your PayPal balance, I’ve had refunds stick in there instead of going back to the original payment method :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Marcus, grateful for the speedy reply.

1 Like

Have also had the same issue with receiving a PayPal refund.

Confirmation e-mail from PayPal says that it will be refunded to the card used to pay, and definitely doesn’t appear in my PayPal balance.

Is this a recurring issue?

It’s not an issue as such.

First off, refunds can take a ludicrous amount of time anyway - thought most are completed sub-5 days from the point of a refund being auth’d by the body in question.

As far as the refund reaching you however, it’ll normally land in your PayPal balance (at least in my experience, I’ve used PayPal a lot for several years now). But again, it’ll take some time. There’s a chance it could land in your Monzo account but either way I don’t see a huge issue here :slight_smile:

[quote=“nexusmaniac, post:5, topic:7946”]
refunds can take a ludicrous amount of time
[/quote] I agree!
I’ve been waiting since 18th May; to call it a ludicrous amount of time would be an understatement!

I’ve been in discussion with support however, who can see from their end that a refund was processed one day after I received confirmation from PayPal. So the issue is definitely with Monzo.

I’ve started my own thread.

I’d be interested to know how this was resolved for you in the end, perhaps @Daleym has the same issue?

not yet!

Still waiting on a response, I imagine it’ll take a lot of digging on their end; I’m quite a big spender! Haha.

Aha I’ve just taken a look at the thread you’ve started :slight_smile:

My comment was made prior to that - I agree, something must’ve gone wrong there :wink: Quite the ludicrous time frame indeed!

Would be interesting to see what happens with this. Whether it was at ASOS’ end, PayPal’s or Monzo’s :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.