Paying cheques into Monzo account

Anyone does this recently ?
How long did it take for the money to be credited ?

I’ve got 2 cheques for a decent I need to pay in but with the current situation would there be a delay in the process ?

I would use the app from 1 of the high street banks but the limit is £500 so it’s either Monzo or Starling.
Thanks

Unsure about monzo delays but there definitely is delays with the post, but I would send high value cheques with a tracked service which are running more on-time.

Looking here:

From 19 March, Royal Mail standard post, including Freepost, will take longer to arrive. Royal Mail are prioritising items posted by special delivery, but they’re not guaranteed to arrive by 1pm the next working day.

If it’s urgent, we recommend sending your cheque by Royal Mail’s ‘Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am’ service, which is still guaranteed. Once we’ve got your cheque, it takes 4 working days to put the money in your account.

All depends on the post :pleading_face:

2 Likes

The postage times I understand, it was more is there a delay at Monzos end as staff could be self isolating, just trying to prepare myself for how long it will take to be paid in.

I’d be more tempted to take it into a branch of your high street bank if it’s high value

2 Likes

There’s no delay on our end at the moment, when we have it, it’ll still hit your account in 4 working days :money_with_wings:

4 Likes

I posted a cheque back in December, nice notification from monzo regarding receipt and when payment will clear

Quicker to open a starling account, use cheque imaging and transfer to Monzo.

3 Likes

Starling is also limited to 500 so they can’t

Thanks EllieC that’s good to hear

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.