Paying Cash At PayPoint

So here’s the response from PayPoint.

For the record this was an Esso with a Budgens store. I wouldn’t usually stop there, but I was on the way to the ferry terminal and fancied the bonus Nectar points and AMEX points offered on fuel. I have a feeling the person behind the counter had been instructed not to accept our cards.

Good Evening,

Thank you for your email.

We are deeply sorry to hear of the poor experience you had at this store.

Retailers are not permitted to refuse service to PayPoint customers, and any PayPoint store should be able to process this transaction. It is disappointing to hear that this store is not acting in line with our policies.

We will be following this up with the store in question, and reminding them of their contractual agreements to offer PayPoint services. We will then monitor the store for further complaints of this nature, if we receive these, appropriate action will be taken against the store.

We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Whilst our investigations are ongoing, you may wish to use the following link to locate an alternative PayPoint store: www.paypoint.com/storelocator

Thank you for taking the time to report this, and please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards,

4 Likes