Pay on the go using Monzo with Apple Pay

Mine is and running the latest macOS developer beta

So you should! Even bought a domain for it!

3 Likes

It is indeed! :blush:

off topic but would you recommend?

Not if you’re a new customer as you can’t access the app without first activating it using the physical card so you have to wait for that to arrive.

Starling gives you the card details in the app as soon as the account is generated, and let’s you add to Apple Pay from there.

They may have changed the process for this now and given users the option to add a card during the sign up workflow.

1 Like

Why

10 Likes

Looks like its finally time to ditch natwest for good, as you literally have everything and more over Natwest. One proud customer right here. Love you guys at Monzo, keep up the hard work! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Fantastic. Finally able to eat lunch (see other thread!).

1 Like

What happened on Tuesday? Am I missing something? :thinking:

Apple Pay accidentally went live for about 15 minutes on Tuesday before signups were halted. A few (estimated to be 50-100 people) managed to activate it and get Apple Pay on Monzo 2 days early.

I’d love to see the CASS switch rate in a few weeks now this feature is launched! :star_struck:
Quite a lot of people on twitter saying this is what they were waiting for before they switched.

2 Likes

Apple pay was briefly activated, some lucky users got access. I got the agreement screen but my card didn’t go through - and I made the quip I was waiting for it to work so I could go buy my lunch…

I noticed this earlier in the week, I think it needs to be blocked! :laughing:

1 Like

I promised myself I wouldn’t go to McDonald’s as soon as  Pay launched on Monzo, but I had to make sure it worked! :yum:

3 Likes

Following the thread we could call this McMonzo

3 Likes

ahhh I couldn’t either in the TestFlight version of the app. I just set it manually through wallet app. I also have an Apple Watch :watch:️

Infinite money!

1 Like

Minor annoyance - if you add your card directly via Wallet then the in-app provisioning doesn’t appear to recognise it has already been added. In fact it will let you try to add the card again, although you’ll eventually get an ‘already in wallet’ message.

So, it would be great if the in-app provisioning was fixed to recognise cards added directly to wallet.

3 Likes

Totally agree with this. I had the same issue. It isn’t life or death, but I can understand the need to bring it up :slightly_smiling_face: