Passcode Upon opening App

When you open Monzo at present it goes straight to your transactions, every other bank account i have ask’s for a pin or password.
could monzo add a pin upon opening the app, God forbid i miss place or loose my phone when its unlocked, but if i did i could potentially have my account emptied.
Just a Thought.

1 Like

I assume you are on Android as the iOS version already goes this.

Monzo are working on it.

2 Likes

As @Anarchist states, Monzo are aware of the Android issue and are working on it. Seen as the CEO of Monzo switched to Android to make sure things progressed, I’m sure he is pushing it too.

To protect your account I recommend your phone has a passcode which locks quick enough so that your phone cant be found unlocked. Also, on iOS you need to use your card pin to send payments from the app. If the same is true on Android, you have little to fear. If it isn’t then you will have to have the luckiest theft who also happens to have a dummy bank account or you would be easily able to trace it.

3 Likes

Thank you and yes im on Android, didnt realise it was already on IOS.

I am on Apple and I don’t have a passcode ? Do I have to delete and re install the app to make this function take place ? To be honest I have too many passcodes but if it’s there I will use it

1 Like

It’s Touch ID on Apple. There are two switches in ‘Settings.’

Do you have email on your phone? Is that locked?

If not it’s worth setting a strict phone lock. With access to email, all sorts of accounts can be compromised as a result.

1 Like

Votes for this idea are collected here: Passcode for App