Passcode for App

Hey guys,

I love how speedy the app is however I feel when it comes to money a little security would be great.

Could you implement a passcode to open the app to protect users financial data?

Many thanks,

Or you could use a pin/touchID/FaceID on your phone?

2 Likes

It’s coming.

3 Likes

Yay! Monzo’s on the ball!

That would be far too simple!

2 Likes

This seems a fiarly important feature to be missing, at least as an option.

5 Likes

I think this is critical for security. In London, thieves aim to snatch mobiles from their victims while they are using them, so they can exploit all the apps that have no further security. That includes Monzo on my Android.

I’m surprised I’m only the second person to vote on this in 18 months. Is there some other method of securing against this that I don’t know about?

1 Like

If you’re worried about this then turn on fingerprint security on open.

1 Like

You can turn on fingerprint in settings

Plus Monzo requires your pin for certain things in app

To add to what others have said above and for even greater security, you can also put the Monzo app in the Android Secure folder. Not only will it then need an additional password but it’s hidden too :slight_smile:

I’m sure there is the equivalent for iOS too.

I’m on Android 7.1.2 and I don’t see that option in the Monzo app.

I’m going to check out the secure folder route - although it sounds like its just a way of hiding stuff rather than preventing access, right?

Let me know if you can’t find it and I’ll send you a screenshot and some instructions :slight_smile:

Nope it encrypts everything, visibly hides it and you need your passcode or bio-metric authentication to open the folder. It is only for samsung phones but I’m sure there will be an equivalent app you could download.

You can then stick other banking apps and sensitive applications in the folder to protect them too :slight_smile: Quickest and easiest is to use Monzos inbuilt feature though.

It’s on Oneplus phones too - it’s called hidden drawer iirc.

1 Like

If you click into privacy and security you should see the below options…

1 Like

Dredging this up as I think it would still be a good option to have.

As a user of an iOS device with no face id, with a recently broken touch id, I’d like to be able to lock Monzo with a passcode.

It would be great if the app provided a fallback to support these kind of hardware failures, especially as I think earlier versions of the app could be locked with a passcode but this feature has since been removed.

Of the 4-5 other finance apps I use, Monzo has the lowest security and is the only one that’s dependant on touch/face id so I don’t think another (optional) layer would hurt at all.

1 Like

Locking the app offers ‘Privacy’ rather then ‘Security’. Your money is safe and secure from everyone without knowledge of your PIN. All an app lock does is prevent prying eyes which, if your phone is locked, are very unlikely to be able to get access anyway.

1 Like

Fine. Privacy. I’d like more privacy.

1 Like

If it’s privacy then don’t you just need to repair your phone?

That’s the simplest way to resolve the matter. It seems like you’re tackling this from the wrong end, as by asking Monzo to do all the work instead you’ll unfortunately be waiting a very long time as it isn’t even on their radar at the moment - nore is it a very popular request.

1 Like

Just delete the app - send it in for repair, no traces now?