Seem to recall that right now for existing members of the scheme it is £500 and that it would only increase once they have a full(er) set
It’s not something we’ve looked into, in detail, yet
I think they’ll just keep pushing it back until cheques are gone
Nope, we do have plans to build this
Is the issue joining the cheque clearing company (or finding a partner) or a technical issue?
It was explained in the quote a few posts back. The next available “slot” is August 2019.
I was just interested what issue they were working through that meant it needed pushing back
Ahh OK. As you were!
Or as I read it, Monzo have a slot in August, whether they decide to aim for it is another matter. Something else a millennial is interested in may be more important.
What was it that wasn’t buildable before the February slot
There just wasn’t engineering capacity available to get it all done for the February slot
So hard getting an answer. I’m reading this as, we hadnt started it
This is your answer… no matter what stage on the development lifecycle this feature was the decision was taken that the deadline would be missed with the available resource monzo had for this project in regards to the work remaining.
Monzo is all about transparency. I’m just asking how they’re getting on with it. Clearly they arent
Just because they are all about transparency, doesn’t mean they have to give all the details whenever they’re asked. I don’t think it works like that.
Not having the capacity available to finish isn’t the same thing as not having started…
I’m happy to try and answer specific questions here, but when we work with 3rd parties it isn’t always possible to share all the details
In this case, we had begun preparatory work in scoping out the project and as Louis said before, we determined that there were more impactful projects we could complete with our finite engineering resources at that time. Ideally, we wouldn’t be waiting until August but that is the slot that’s available
Out of interest are you building your OCR from scratch or using an opensource one?
Good question! I don’t think it’s something we’ve thought about a lot yet - it’s definitely on the radar though.
At the moment, the bulk of the work is in setting up with the Image Clearing Scheme and sorting out the nitty gritty details of IP ranges, Hardware Security Modules and plans for testing.