Cheque imaging to deposit

Hi, when will this be available as Halifac now do it?

1 Like

Please have a search. This is covered a lot and it’s not coming, probably not ever, but definitely not anytime soon.

1 Like

I can’t help but think Monzo are being totally mulish about refusing to develop this basic banking feature. Why don’t they just get on and do it, instead of giving us an eclectic mix of clever-clever stuff that nobody thought to ask for anyway?

4 Likes

If I recall correctly, it’s because they only have two opportunities per year to join the cheque clearing system, and it would require a substantial amount of work to do this (plus the work to do the imaging). And they’d probably prefer to work on other things right now.

2 Likes

You do recall correctly, but I also remember that at least 3 years ago the threads in this forum said that they were very close to having developed the feature and would be joining the system at the next opportunity. Then they backed off. And “working on other things” is exactly my point.

1 Like

Because they don’t want to.

I’m not sure what else you’re after. It may not be a response you like but it’s one that they’re perfectly entitled to make.

1 Like

The popular and highly requested things they launched instead?

3 Likes

I’d much rather the things they’ve launched recently than an old system that is dying off.

Although cheque imaging is useful, at the end of the day, Monzo aren’t preventing anyone from doing it, they’re just encouraging their customers to experience other banking apps.

For me, it is good that Monzo don’t offer it. I’d never have opened a Starling account otherwise.

Same old conversation that pops up every time a thread like this appears. Doubtful it’s coming any time soon as the focus is on other things that generate a profit.

1 Like

I use it quite a bit on the HSBC app and it works well. It’s always good to spread your risk by having a couple of accounts. So you could take out another account with banks that offer it. Easy to transfer the money to your Monzo account.

“It’s good that Monzo don’t offer it”?

Really?!? Part of my issue with Monzo is that they don’t even get the basics together before working on new features.

Like cash deposits, this should have been high up on the list.

Monzo needs to expand to the broader market which means it should at least have functions that basic banks have.

IMO.

1 Like

I’ve deposited plenty cash

Every six months….

1 Like

Then don’t pay in as much or choose another account.

1 Like

£1,000 every 6 months is the limit, don’t like it, there’s plenty choice of other banks to use.

Cash deposits aren’t something Monzo want to focus on

If Monzo want to increase their base, they need to offer facilities on a par with banks.

They have gone through the ‘tech crowd’, they now need to focus on ‘mainstream’.

Just IMO of course, it’s fine to disagree :grinning: .

2 Likes

The thing is Monzo disagree with you too. Do you really think they haven’t run the numbers, if they even thought it would make them money, they’d do it.

1 Like

Over 5m customers is way beyond the tech crowd.

3 Likes

I’ve not deposit a cheque in the last 18 months, and can’t remember the last time I had to deposit cash, probably around 2 years ago.

Quite content without it however I do have other accounts that support this, but I’m not expecting to use them much at all.

1 Like