Oppo F9 Phone (Best notch yet?)

This looks pretty tasteful for those who aren’t keen on the notch!

It’s likely this will be the design for the upcoming OnePlus 6T, since Oppo is also the parent company of OnePlus.

1 Like

What is it for?

The notch? For the front camera, so the screen wraps around it.

Just so that the screen can reach the very top?

1 Like

Yep. That’s the current trend right now - iPhone X, Huawei P20, OnePlus 6, Google Pixel 3 XL, etc.

2 Likes

Out of interest, does anyone with an Notched Phone notice / mind it after a little use?

1 Like

I’m going to go there but… I see little use for a front facing camera. I’ve maybe done 4 facetime calls in the 3 years i’ve had my iPhone. So a notchless phone with no front facing camera would get my money :wink:

Animoji is the best reason to spend £1000…ever :joy:

3 Likes

It’s for Selfies :wink:

3 Likes

Have to say i’ve done 0 selfies in my life… Think it’s something I could live without :wink:

1 Like

I use it for facial (iris) login, and of course signing up for app-only banks ;-p

I’ve had the iPhone X since launch and after a couple of days I stopped noticing it completely. It doesn’t bother me at all.

That said, I rarely use my phone in landscape!

Also the Oppo F9 has a huuuuge bezel by modern standards. Dunno how I feel about it.

1 Like

I’m liking the colour & look of that handset!

Does it have their version of face ID? if so I imagine it’s not as advanced as iPhone X, couldn’t fit all the tech in that small space.

Not sure, but this is probably the case since the top part of the Pixel 3 XL is also quite wide.

I think generally the notch will shrink over time as they develop ways to do with software what you currently need to do with hardware - and Google is the king of this! (for example, Pixel 2 XL topped the smartphone camera quality scores when it came out, competing against devices with multiple rear lense despite only having one)

2 Likes

Oops Huawei…