OnePlus 8

I’d missed this with all the other stuff going on, but looks like there’s a release date for the OnePlus 8 - 4 PM BST, April 14

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/launch

Sounds like it’s got a great screen…

… but feels regressive to me going back to the hole punch camera - the pop up one was absolutely perfect for me.

Anyone thinking about getting one?

1 Like

I have the 5T which I’ve loved, so was considering upgrading to the 8, but I’ve had a bit of a change of heart and will likely return to the Appleverse.

Same, I just don’t fancy a phone with a notch or hole punch. I’ll stick with 7pro for time being probably.

1 Like

There’s not a phone out there right now which is shouting at me choose me, choose me. They’ve all gotten pretty much boring now to the point where the only main reason to upgrade would be for a faster processor but at this moment in time all my apps are working fast enough on my current phone and I’ve plenty storage space. So long as I don’t damage this one somehow I can see it been at least another 2 years before I need to start looking at something else.

I’ve currently got the Huawei P20 Pro

1 Like

My 5 is still going strong. Still good battery life too.

Same. :slight_smile:

I’ve just read an article about how the industry is been set back due to Corona so innovations are going to take longer to come up with, I’d argue that innovation in the mobile market pretty much stopped in the last 12 months.

I don’t count foldable phone’s as an innovation in fairness as they aren’t ready for mass market yet, the materials just don’t hold up to everyday use

1 Like

Review on the 8 pro

Prices are creeping up, but ip68 rating is here finally and was long overdue.