OnePlus 6

I find upgrades underwhelming if done every device. A 2 generation cycle is nice, 3 if you can hold a phone so long without smashing it ^^

Is the OP6 going to be water proof do we know?

1 Like

Doubt waterproof tbh, sounds like they’re going speed on this one, then probably work on waterproof next year.

Sounds like 5T will be their last mid-phone though, and moving into just an annual release (which I’d prefer), but new phone each year I quite enjoy tbh :slight_smile: I’d never been fussed before getting my 3T, and then I’ve been hooked with each release since hehe :blush:

1 Like

Im sure my stance on quick upgrades will change once I graduate away from student budget haha.

1 Like

Interesting! I was considering holding out for the 6T.

(I don’t disbelieve you, but any links at all?)

He disbelieves you ^ :joy:

1 Like

:scream::wink:

Just curious for knowledge / to educate myself!

:monzopride:

1 Like

I’ll see what I can find and update, but hasn’t been “officially” confirmed, but wording of official statements on 5T release prompted quite a few news and tech sites to report they would be going back to annual releases.

1 Like

I know this is only a concept but if it ever is released I will pay any price to get one. The case is made of wood

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/apollo-2-smartphone-boasts-rounded-design-with-fingerprint-sensor-embedded-into-oled-display

Looks very much like a Star Trek gadget to me :thinking:. Here’s hoping they… Make it so :laughing:

2 Likes

I love this! I’d be curious how the keyboard may work though lol.

2 Likes

Does that mean I can have your Pixel? :thinking:

1 Like

Anyone going / tempted to?

I didn’t say I’m buying one! It looks cool though!

1 Like

I have a ticket to go. I like OnePlus but they do seem to have a culture of lying to customers, then when they are found out, having to backtrack and come up with a reason they should have been upfront about from the beginning.

I still don’t know why they insist on the slider bar and removing Do Not Disturb feature to set automatic times up.

2 Likes

OnePlus-6-release-1343045

Looks like it’s coming in at around £500… how are we feeling about the price and design?

I’ve got a One Plus 3 but spending half a grand on a phone? On contract it’s a bearable expense (just about) but otherwise nah thanks. It’s cheaper then other phones in it’s class but it’s still a expensive phone. Does it make me breakfast in the morning? Live my life for me so I can sleep all day? No oh ok…:grin:

1 Like

I am going to the launch event today - will try to post some photos of real thing later.

4 Likes

Would be interested to see what they release today - I am considering reattempting a move to Android. Keep eyeing up the Pixel 2 XL but it’s quite expensive for an older phone, plus a new one will be out later in the year.

I’ve just ordered one from here, seems petty reasonable if it turns up in good condition https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/a2%2Fg011c%2F64xlblk/google-a2g011c64xlblk