Oculus Quest/VR

So big rumour is Oculus Quest launches tomorrow at F8 Facebook’s annual developer conference.

Any one else thinking of picking one up/ already have a VR headset ?

1 Like

Would love one, is there a UK price or just US initially?

I have considered PSVR too, not sure which is more favourable

I tried something similar to this out at an interview for a company.

I was beyond impressed. The one I tried had eye movement tracking and was one of the most amazing things I have done

UK price is £399, launches same day. I would go for quest as the untethered experience is for lack of a better word magical. Plus the tracking is way better/improved optics.

1 Like

I’ll see what Valve has to offer with Index + Knuckles. Mainly because I’m messing around more with non-handheld trackers for fully body motion tracking and OpenVR seems to be far more flexible in mixing and matching systems.

1 Like

The Knuckles controllers are super neat! Alas I don’t have a GPU powerful enough for PC VR. One day!

Anyone else pick up a Quest. I love mine so much. It genuinely feels like the beginning of something huge. The press has been saying this cliche headline but is honestly spot on “The Quest is the iPod of VR”

Just arrived today!

2 Likes

My friend really enjoys his - I have the original rift unit, but don’t have the room to use it

So… I’ve been playing Not for Broadcast on my quest 2… brilliant game

I’ve just bought a Meta Quest 2 as a curiosity purchase with it having dropped to £200. I’ll have a go at some games but am not a gamer and am more curious about non-gaming VR experiences.

Can anyone recommend any non-gaming apps that you think are worth a look?

What I’d most like to find is history documentaries/stories where you are immersed in a VR representation of real historical events/places. I’ve been to a couple of museum exhibits where this has been done to supplement the main exhibit, but don’t know the extent to which this sort of thing is available more broadly.

Also, extreme environments that I’d be unlikely to experience in real life. Space travel, deep sea diving, etc.

I’ve been getting Apple Vision Pro envy recently so been eyeballing the Meta Quest 3, anyone got one?