Octopus 🐙 Monzo Sort Code

Today I received email from Octopus:

2 Likes

Its hardly a matter of likelihood. They either can start with 04 or they cant (and as we know, they can).

1 Like

That’s absolutely awful service that completely misses the point!

It’s so terrible that I’d be making a complaint.

6 Likes

Dear Ellen, if you Google “040004”, it is literally the first result. Maybe try that next time before assuming I’m an idiot. Yours unimpressed, A Customer I Guess You Don’t Want.

6 Likes

And no, I don’t bank with HSBC but am so stupid I think it’s a different bank!

Ellen has fallen into the classic customer service trap of “Most customers are wrong, so this one probably is too”

7 Likes

I’m actually quite surprised at this response. In my experience Octopus have really good customer service :open_mouth:

1 Like

They do. They sorted my issue over the phone. They just replied to my email I wrote them before contracting by :phone:

1 Like

Identifying and properly engaging with knowledgable customers is an important element of good customer service - even if they are rare!

2 Likes

shocking customer service , Ellen needs to be trained that shes not a smart arse expert and that the custome knows what their bank details are

1 Like

They accepted me onto it in September only to promptly kick me off it. (checks emails because I don’t have a smart meter - even though I obviously said that during sign-up, and all that tells you is that it ‘may require the future installation of’ one.)

Still haven’t worked out how to bill me though. (Despite me flagging it with them and chasing it!)

Pretty unhappy tbh, support is absolute crap (with these and other sign-up related issues I won’t bore you with) and I wouldn’t have switched if I’d known they wouldn’t accept me on the ‘Tracker’ plan. (Though that undoubtedly worked in my favour for now, given the timing.)

2 Likes

I find sometimes that Octopus Customer Service can be a bit hit and miss.

When we had our smart meter fitted in early 2019 they couldn’t connect the gas and the electric meter together, so our gas meter is still dumb.

The engineer said somebody else would have to come out and sort it, and that we couldn’t use the IHD until it had been sorted.

I tried several times with Octopus just after installation to get it resolved, but nobody seemed to understand what the problem was. I gave up.

I tried again, last year and explained I work nights, so please don’t call me the day. Initially they were really helpful via email, but insisted on repeatedly calling me during the middle of the day whilst I was sleeping and so again I gave up.

But then I realised a few weeks ago that we hadn’t a bill generated for our electric for a few months, emailed them and within an hour or two they’d replied, explained there were 3 days missing in August where out smart meter hadn’t sent through a reading and so it had stopped a bill being generated. They resync’d on their side, sent the bill through and were generally great!

1 Like

I find Twitter much easier to communicate with them over calls and emails.

Email is slow and I generally never call anyone to get anything resolved, never really had to either.

2 Likes

With the exception of Starling Bank, most companies I’ve interacted with on Twitter in the past tend to provide better service than they do elsewhere. Never quite understood why, but I’d presume it’s the public forum.

2 Likes