Notification bubble starts with 2

(Karim) #1

Whenever I do a purchase, Monzo app notification bubble shows a badge with 2 instead of 1. Subsequent purchases only increase the count by 1. But once I open the app and the badge goes away the next purchase will show badge with 2!

I have had this for quite sometime now. I reported this via in app chat earlier. But wondering if others see the same thing as I haven’t seen any mention of it in the forum!

I tried to logout/login, delete the app and redownload, but the issue is still there…

(Alex Sherwood) #2

I don’t have this issue, that sounds strange! Which version of the app & iOS do you have?

(Karim) #3

Latest of both. App version is 1.6.3#265 and iOS 10.0.
I have had this since an earlier version of the app and also when I was on iOS 9.

I guess since this is not a systematic issue probably something wrong on my side… but if anyone has the same please shout!

Thanks

(Hugo Cornejo) #4

This is really weird. I wonder if there’s any pending conversation on the customer support section. Could you please go to the “Help” tab and review there’s nothing hanging there? Thanks!

(Karim) #5

Just checked and nothing hanging there. Anyway I went through the few chats I had just to make sure anything gets cleared. I ll let you know when I do my next payment.

Thanks for the suggestion!

(Karim) #6

Still got 2! Very weird

(Tristan Thomas) #7

:thinking: This is very odd. We’re aware of something like this that sometimes happens but it should be fixed when you logout and back in again. @james any ideas?

(Karim) #8

Tried again today deleting the app, reinstalling it without enabling notification (and hence no notification on payment) then deleting and reinstalling with notification enabled, and still getting 2!

@Kabe A few suggestions that you may find fix this issue.

• A device restart.
  • Go into settings and disable notifications for Monzo, and then turn them back on.

I had this issue with a different app a while ago and Apple said try that and it fixed it, it may solve it for you too.

(Karim) #10

Thanks. Will try this

(Karim) #11

No luck! Restarted phone, disabled/enabled notifications… still the same

I have this issue also! It’s been bugging me for weeks but I just never got around to voicing it until now! :grimacing: Drives me crazy.

(Keir Williams) #13

I also get 2 on app badge instead instead of 1. I don’t think this is a user specific issue.

(Nick Jackson) #14

I’ve been getting this as well since updating to iOS 10.0

(Karim) #15

Yesterday I got back the badge with 1! I was pleased waaaaay more than I should have!

Didn’t do anything specific just noticed it on a purchase!