Details to reproduce:
Withdraw money from a pot
Add a note in the main feed
Go to the pot’s feed: the note is missing
Device: Moto G9
App Version: 4.37.0

Screenshots:

1 Like

It’s not missing, they are now on both sides of the transaction. If you want it to show in both places you need to do it twice.

1 Like

To me it’s inconvenient to do it twice.

I use pots to allow for expenses and whenever an expense comes up, I do the following:

1. take the same amount of the expense from the relevant pot
  2. add a note to the expense to mark it as paid from the pot
  3. in the feed, add a note to the transfer transaction explainin what expense it was for
  4. in the pot feed, do the same as step 3

Step 4 is redundant but I need to do it to see what expenses were covered by the pot, instead of just a sequence of withdrawals.

Step 3 and 2 would also be much more convenient if there was the feature for linking transactions.

I remember there was a “pay from pot” feature in Premium but I haven’t been able to find out more.

1 Like

Not quite, yet. You can pay a Monzo Premium monthly charge or a Monzo loan from a pot under a Personal account. And you can indirectly ‘pay’ bills (D/D’s, scheduled payments & Standing orders) from a designated pot - a Bills pot - but you can’t pay anything else directly from a pot.

Another indirect route is to use a Virtual Card (Plus/Premium) linked to a pot. The VC acts as a card/‘account’ so you can spend & pay bills with it. And you can then link it to a pot, so the pot is the funding source of the spending.

All workarounds - if you could pay directly from a pot, all of the above would vanish - like an old oak table [Blackadder]

2 Likes