No confidence vote triggered

Still better than the alternative in the Labour party… :no_mouth: (coming from a long time labour voter)

3 Likes

Known as compo round here

1 Like

Steptoe here…

I’d be interested to see how closely our community poll matches tonight’s vote… :eye:

2 Likes

I suspect people are voting for what the want to see not what will happen.

2 Likes

I wonder if this should be global pinned so more people see it therefore more votes :eyes:

The game might be a bogey…

1 Like

Vote Greens :wink:

1 Like

I think they will back her from what I have been hearing

1 Like

Never!

Voted lib dems past few times…

@anon72173902 - quite probably… the ERG need to make sure they’ve called this correct.

Although in saying that… if she survives, she’ll crash and burn in parliament…

1 Like

But so will anyone else I suspect

1 Like

quite probably… which then either leads us down the garden path of Peoples vote or GE… which may or may not end up with a peoples vote.

Stop the ship… I want to get off…

There isn’t the usual level of public maneuvering I would have expected by now so I think she’s safe. Either that or they’ve managed to stop all the leaks which is highly unlikely

Honestly they’re both equally terrible, especially as Corbyn is a life long hard eurosceptic who’s now pretending not to be, just so he can get power

1 Like

We need this guy

9 Likes

The whole thing is a mess so maybe we should have Larry.breaking-news

8 Likes

I personally think that either way… we’re doomed… she can’t agree a Brexit deal and needs to move on… but its too late for that as if she goes now the country will go pop…

She should have gone ages ago when she came scooping into Cameron’s seat… but hay, I know nothing about politics :rofl:

2 Likes

Personal opinion is that she will likely win - I think it is just a tactic for the Tories who aren’t happy with the deal to throw their toys out of the pram.

And even if she does lose - who will pick up the poisoned chalice? If anyone but a hard brexit supporter takes office then we are effectively back to square one. I can’t see Jacob Rees Mogg or the like running/winning, I think its more about manipulation tactics for the post-brexit world.

Either way the leadership challenge just delays the inevitable that no one has a clue what is going on! Oh how funny British politics are.

1 Like

The interesting thing about it is that it’s private. It’s likely that more people will say they’ll support her than actually will.

For example, cabinet ministers aren’t going to say they’ll vote against as they’d be out of a job if she wins.

1 Like