New webpage for the free Monzo account

Thanks everyone! Everything you’ve said is super useful :man_dancing:

Going to take a look at why those Trustpilot/Resolver/etc images aren’t looking right and review the words in places you’ve pointed out!

How did “Bright banking” specifically feel to you folks? :eyes:

1 Like

Not sure why but I feel like “Brighter Banking” works better?

“Brighter” exemplifies that a Monzo account has features that other banks don’t, marketing Monzo as a better bank?

8 Likes

There’s something about it that doesn’t do it for me. Can’t work out what but it just doesn’t “feel right”. Maybe it’s the hierarchy of accounts; Bright / Put Money in your hands / Banking that makes a statement. As a ‘collective’ just feels jarring, to me. I think it’s that the headline doesn’t do justice to properly differentiate the three.

Though right now my first thought was, “Yes it is bright because there is no dark mode” sorry

6 Likes

What I say will not be popular amongst the loyal Monzo banner wavers. There’s no mention of the poor customer service and prolonged wait times which is very important in any organisation banking or otherwise.

1 Like

Leaving that aside as to not derail the thread more than you already have tried to, but you don’t really expect them to put that on their website, do you?

The topic was created to discuss the design changes on that site.

6 Likes

I would say “Brighter banking” sounds better.

4 Likes

No I don’t but the fact that award winning customer service isn’t mentioned speaks volumes. BTW the design of the webpage is very good.

2 Likes

I mean… the page is selling a current account, not their customer service

But I can see your point

1 Like

It feels like throwing two words together which mean nothing. As above, ‘brighter’ would be better, and then in texts about features you can explain what is ‘bright’ about said feature.

3 Likes

I quite like it. I know others have said “brighter” - but I quite like it just as “bright”. I might be coming at this from a forum perspective, but “brighter” makes me think comparison to other banks, whereas “bright” is confident and standalone.

It’s also a nice play on the hot coral card and that you can get nice insights from the app.

3 Likes

It’s ok, but I don’t think it’s great

Bright banking
The bank account that works hard for you and your money. Join the millions of people already banking with Monzo.

“Bright banking” doesn’t give much away.

In what way is the free current account working hard for me and my money? It doesn’t pay any interest.

Tho I do see some value in the “join the millions…” statement. I think that probably does reassure prospective customers.

What is monzo’s USP these days? Should it not be clearer?

The link between this text and this screenshot isn’t at all clear unless you’re already a customer:

You mention that you’re the top rated provider, but the features appear and screenshots all appear a bit disjointed to me.

I would expect a clearer narrative as I scroll down the page - eg monzo is a free current account, we have all the features of a high street bank, we’re the top rated, and this is why, feature 1, feature 2, etc - but somehow there is no narrative, just an array of facts presented in a bunch of inconsistent styles.

Apple and google get their videos to play as you scroll down the page. I think you could use this kind of imagery to show off your features much better than you currently are.

5/10. Must try harder.

3 Likes

I think for me it looked odd as the card was kinda upside down. If it was flipped the other way it would look better.

Obviously the parts around the card would need to be flipped to suit.

4 Likes

Honestly it feels a little clunky to me, but not particularly terrible.

I think “Better banking” works, well, better.

2 Likes

Thanks for the thoughtful and considered feedback folks!

3 Likes

Was my typo not a typo? Looks weird to me, but … whatevs.

I don’t like the term “Bright Banking”. The words don’t flow well together. I do like the rest of the page, apart from the upside-down Monzo card towards the top.

1 Like

Went back to look at the full quote:

What you just bought, where you bought it and for how much, before the receipts even printed.

Having studied it carefully, it looks like it is technically correct, but reads awkwardly.

Sentence is written in past tense (bought rather than buy), which means past tense used for printed.

Plural for receipts because it’s talking about all your receipts, not just one.

Adjusting the last part to “before the receipts even print.” (instead of printed) makes it clearer what is trying to be said and why “receipt’s” doesn’t work, but then you’ve got a tense mismatch between “bought” and “print”.

I think the solution is to actually write in a word that is currently only implied:

“What you just bought, where you bought it and for how much, before the receipts have even printed.”

Takes away the weirdness, doesn’t muck up the tenses.

2 Likes

How about

What you just bought, where you bought it and for how much, before the receipt even prints.

I think this summarises nicely my thoughts. It’s sort of a list of stuff, rather than a page selling the use and benefits of the features. It’s like a one liner next to a screen shot - and it doesn’t really sell the “connection”. I had a look at Starling’s page for their equivalent, and I do think there Current Account page does a much nicer job of threading the features, how they looks, and critically why that is important all in one spot.

Compare and see what you think

2 Likes

It made me cringe more than the word frauded if I’m honest. I’m sure it will work well with some demographics, but it’s really not for me. But then we all know what opinions are like!

1 Like