New feature coming 👀

Whoa there, are we all going to gloss over this Monzo bot thing? How have I never seen this before?!

Monzo Bot, is this secret feature new Plus?

@monzobot fortune

2 Likes

:crystal_ball: It is decidedly so

1 Like

Because it’s evil so we try not to summon it

4 Likes

Robot who shall not be named sort of thing.

Whoops, shouldn’t have unleashed it…

This is the (hitherto unspoken) truth.

Although evil it is generally accurate.

2 Likes

I reckon it’s remortgaging / applying for a mortgage in-app? Partnerin with Habito/Trussle?

Anyone else like the idea of a transaction feed that, through Open Banking, displays all transactions in sequence - whichever account they happened on? It would be useful in terms of tracking overall spend.

11 Likes

Swipe right for the Master Feed™. I like this idea.

2 Likes

There was an update today, nothing new yet

The new update text talks about the rollout of confirmation of payee.

Oh, Didn’t see anything in Google Play update notifications :smiley:

Open banking it is then

13 Likes

Very exciting times :smiley:

2 Likes

Hopefully so.
Nice to have something new in the lockdown.

6 Likes

If the details don’t match this seems to be the warning you get. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Hope being green lit means we’re about to get it :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Very excited about some Open Banking integration. Does anyone know if this is likely to be for current accounts only, or will other products be available (savings accounts, mortgages, credit cards etc)? The sooner I can get a single overview of my finances under one roof the better!

3 Likes

I imagine it will start with just current accounts, but hopefully, they will include everything

So Monzo really can be the place to see all your finances

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone here (aside from maybe @kieranmch, though he’s probably not telling) knows right now.

It seems like this is bank account integration rather than credit cards, and hopefully directly rather than through TrueLayer, so I imagine it’ll be limited by what data banks can share (some don’t share savings accounts I think), what Monzo wants to show in the app and how they’ll present it.

I’m hoping for the full shebang (technical term). Although I wonder if this might be a Plus Exclusive :tm: as otherwise it might eat away at revenue?

4 Likes

Indeed - I thought the only focus was profitability, and if implemented as some describe, it gives less reason to make Monzo a persons primary (salary) account?