New Card Delivery Time

You can withdraw your money from the card from an ATM. It works just like your card for your bank’s current account except you need to top it up from another card / by bank transfer so you will have a PIN etc. :slight_smile:

His, new user here who has just booked a spontaneous trip to New York on Sunday! I really would like to get a Monzo card in time. But I’m not sure if I will. Is there any way to expedite the card so it arrives before Sunday so I’ll have it when I fly? I’m reluctant to top up the £100 if it doesn’t arrive, as I don’t want to be in a position where the card doesn’t arrive in time and the £100 isnt available for me to use on my trip!

Any advice would be really appreciated. And sorry if it’s on the wrong forum

Have you looked at the Golden Ticket thread? That will get you to the top of the queue!

I signed up through the moneysupermarket website, is that the same as a golden ticket? Or would it still be worthwhile looking for a golden ticket?

Depends if the Money Supermarket link got you to sign up and immediately asked you to top up. If you’re at the top up stage then the card is send first class and usually arrives the next day, so do it today and you should get it by Friday or Saturday at the latest.

Don’t forget you can use your card in the UK just fine, so £100 topped up isn’t lost just because you don’t use it in the US! :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, in majority of cases, if you top up today (early), then card should be with you tomorrow or Saturday. If your area has sketchy Royal Mail deliveries, it might not happen. If you had one more day, you could be more certain. If you top up today, I’d say it’s very likely to still get card in time.

If you happen to live in London… you can try and organise pick-up from Monzo offices - contact them via help@monzo.com. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there!
I’m going on holidays around Europe on Sunday and I obviously should have sorted this out before but I didn’t.
Is it still worth applying? f I apply now, can I still get a card before I leave?
Thanks in advance!

If you use a Golden ticket you should be able to get one in time.

2 Likes

As Chris says. You can pick one up here:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been trying to get a hold of a golden ticket for about an hour here on also on twitter, but they’ve all been taken already and I’m starting to feel hopeless :frowning:

One coming via PM once I’ve typed it in…

There’s a twitter account dedicated to giving out Golden Tickets.

This one I think: https://twitter.com/monzoticket?lang=en

2 Likes

Just a quick question for anyone who is being or has been posted a card.

How long did it take to arrive in the mail?

Ta

It took 2 days for mine to arrive.

Ahh cheers, Living in Mid Wales you never quite know when things will turn up.

Apparently, if you ordered your card on Monday, some of the cards may be delayed unexpectedly (something to with their external card producer so not their fault). They are investigating :slight_smile:

MW

1 Like

Hi registered today, on my phone. Says I’m 36.616 in the queue. What waiting time that number translate into? A few days, a week, month.

Asking for a friend :slight_smile:

Hi @sean4 That’s probably around 2 weeks, give or take! But I also shared a golden ticket with you, check PM - that’s of course, if you want to jump the queue in the first place. :smiley:

I signed up using a golden ticket from a friend, signed up Saturday morning doing the whole Checks and topup, ETA was Wednesday, card arrive today so ahead of schedule by one day. Great service so far :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Hi all

Is anyone able to share a golden ticket with me?
Going on holidays next week and hoping to get a card so can use while i’m away. The service looks fantastic!

Hi Joel :wave:
we have a dedicated thread here, it’s a better place to grab a ticket :smiley: :
https://community.monzo.com/t/give-request-golden-tickets-here/8233/last?u=avishai