New Card Delivery Time

The time from signup to reaching the top of the waiting list & the card being posted is still 1-2 weeks, it took 11 days for this user recently -

https://community.monzo.com/t/waiting-list-question/7153/5?u=alexs

Judging by Monzo’s Instagram story, the team was pretty busy getting cards ready for delivery today!

The card’s sent 1st class so it’ll then be delivered in 1-2 working days :slight_smile:

If you’re going away in less than 2 weeks, I’d be happy to send you a golden ticket so that you can skip the queue :ticket:

The £100 is a deposit into your account so you can withdraw the money from an ATM as soon as you get the card if you want to. Take a look at these tweets from other Monzo users & the app’s features in Monzo’s blog before you do though, there’s a lot more to Monzo than the lack of fees for transactions abroad…

4 Likes

After topping up my card only took two days to reach me. I live in the South East of London in one of the farther out boroughs.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me. Thanks so much that’s so kind of you, I have left everything to the last minute again so frantically trying to get the travel card sorted! But I just wanted to check, I used a link from money super market that mentioned skipping the waiting list, then I am now at the section where it asks you to deposit a sum on the card for the card to be sent out, so does that mean once I do this the card should just take 1-2 days to be posted? Or is there still a 1-2 week wait after you have deposited your money.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Great! That means you’re at the point where you should receive the card in the post after 1-2 days, once you make the deposit :tada:

BTW, you can check out tips from other travellers who’ve used Monzo in the country(s) you’re visiting here -

Have a good trip! :beach_umbrella:

2 Likes

Hi. I’m really interested to know where you see the top-up option? I’ve requested my card (a few days ago) but I can’t see any information about either the queue, my place in it or any top-up options? What am I missing/doing wrong? Thanks.

Hi, you won’t have the option to top up your account until you’ve reached the top of the queue. Monzo are experimenting with the holding screen, at the moment so some users don’t see their place in the queue -

Regardless, the wait time is about 1-2 weeks right now so you’ll be at the top :soon:

That’s great - thanks! Looking forward to getting my card…

2 Likes

I paid the initial top up of £100 on Monday 23rd at 3pm and it came the next day at 11am, was extremely impressed with the delivery time. I found a golden ticket on Twitter also allowing me to skip the queue,

2 Likes

I ordered my card at 3pm on Friday 12th of May and it arrived at 11am on Saturday 13th of May. Couldn’t believe it!

4 Likes

@Hayden Can you please drop Alex your activation time and monzo user number (it’s at the bottom of settings page) in this topic:

And welcome! :smiley: :tada:

1 Like

Hey I have just signed up go Monzo as I am leaving for Canada on Friday, going to see how it is abroad.

I have left it late but I have made my deposit in a desperate hope it comes tomorrow as my flight is on Friday morning!

Anyone have experience of it coming the next day to lower my blood pressure?

Also quite excited by how this works!

Thanks!

The card’s sent 1st class so hopefully you’ll get it in time :slight_smile:

There’s more details (& caveats) in this blog -

About 93% of First Class post is delivered the next day with the remainder generally arriving the day after. A small number of letters take up to five days. If you order a card and it doesn’t arrive within this timeframe, let us know and we’ll send you a replacement.

1 Like

Hi @manug14
Chances are in your favour! If you live in London, you can ask support (twitter DM or email help@monzo.com) about popping over to their offices to pick up card - if you don’t get it in tomorrow’s mail. :eyes:

I’m so happy to see sudden onboard users, it’s just a confirmation how convincing Monzo as a product is. :smiley: Just remember that backup card is strongly advised, as Monzo is still in beta. Here’s even Canadian Wiki for you and once you are back, we’d appreciate some feedback about your trip in this Monzo in Canada discussion. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have plenty of cards that could work but was looking for a good exchange rate (not easy with the £ the way it is!)

Will be sure to let you all know how I get on.

I do live in London so may pop by just in case!

2 Likes

I applied for my card on the Sunday, due to a small cashflow issue couldn’t top it up until the Monday lunchtime, my card arrived first thing Tuesday morning.
I was very impressed !

As with some other posters on here I applied via a link on MoneySavingExpert so jumped the waiting list

2 Likes

Hi good day I would like to no hw long the card take to come when u make a order for it?

Hi, I’ve moved your post here, as you’ll find the answer to your question earlier in the thread. I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Dismayed to see that delivery could be as much as 1 to 3 weeks!

I registered on 4 Aug - nothing yet so now into the second week and hope that the admin is improving.

It should be 1 to 3 days. Not sure where you saw 1 to 3 weeks?

Today is the 4th August :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Bob
Senior moment I’m afraid. I actually registered on 28 July and it was on a Monzo community post that I saw the 1 to 3 weeks mentioned by another new client.
apologies

Tony2

1 Like