Monzo Ukrainian Appeal

Just seen this in app.

12 Likes

Better late than never! :hot_coral_heart:

Top work, Monzofolk.

2 Likes

Have other banks done this already? I know Chase have but havenā€™t seen others.

super proud of the team that worked on this, theyā€™ve been working non-stop to implement this :smiley:

15 Likes

Do you need to have marketing preferences turned on, do you know? I havenā€™t seen it (but I have all the toggles set to off).

:person_shrugging: I have personalised marketing turned on.

1 Like

I know Metro Bank are currently accepting donations through their Magic Money Machines where usually the donations went to a cancer trust but now goes towards a fund that is directed to help Ukraine (I canā€™t remember the funds actual name).

1 Like

Good to see, maybe itā€™s just rolling out as we speak

It should be here for anyone looking for it;

Just at the top of your transactions on the main page :ukraine:

Seen it in Barclays too, and maybe RBS as well

3 Likes

I have it on and havenā€™t seen it either.

A side question, are donations through Monzo anonymous? Thatā€™s largely why with appeals like this I opt for donating via Apple. It just looks like a regular purchase with Apple, so it doesnā€™t show on my my bank statement as looking like a donation and the charity never knows who made it, which is how I prefer it.

1 Like

I get the charity not knowing who donated (although itā€™s financially better for everyone if you use gift aid), but why not on your bank statement? Are you trying to hide your charitable donations from yourself?!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not seen this spam in app yet, will be cleared as soon as I do though.

1 Like

An appeal for charity is not ā€œspamā€.

11 Likes

Mostly personal preference. I like to keep my donations from prying eyes, including my bankā€™s. Though the latter is less of a concern, particularly with banks like Monzo who arenā€™t in the data brokerage business.

2 Likes

Just showed up for me after going to the manage tab and back to the feed!

I like the beating heart.

7 Likes

Literally the definition of spam

ā€œirrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.ā€

I havenā€™t asked for it, itā€™s been sent to a mass market, itā€™s advertising a charity appeal.

Itā€™s horses for courses, itā€™s spam to me, but Iā€™ll not carry on as that detracts from the thread and will be off topic.

4 Likes

I have all marketing things enabled and donā€™t have this yet :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I havent seen anything encouraging donations in app at my other banks, but Santander does have this on their homepage

I suppose one could argue itā€™s not irrelevant in this current situation, nor does it fall under advertising/phishing/malware?

4 Likes