Monzo Server's Down

I’m not sure I agree with that. If you’re a bank targeting growth and your systems can’t handle your current number of users then that’s a big problem that needs to be addressed urgently.

2 Likes

Issue:
Trying to send a payment from saved payees just comes up with the error message “an error occurred please try again later”

Details to reproduce:
Went into payments screen, selected a saved payee clicked next and that’s when the error came in
Device: Apple iPhone 12 Pro
**App Version:**latest

Screenshots:

Try again it was running slow for 10 mins, appears to be fine now.

Try again now - 4pm on a day towards the end of a month is always a bad time to try - a lot of people are claiming salaries early and the Monzo servers are smoking :desktop_computer: :fire:

If this is true, it’s not a great look for Monzo. Being unable to cope with a predictable demand increase isn’t what I’d expect from an agile fintech bank.

2 Likes

To be totally accurate, my experience was: I claimed an incoming payment early at 4:05pm. There was no sound at first (the usual incoming receipt notification sound) so I checked the feed. The overall balance showed the payment was now in our account, but the feed still showed the greyed-out entry. Out of curiosity, I tried to claim the payment again, but it said there was a problem (this is a correct result, given the circumstances - I’d already claimed it)

It took about a minute for the feed to show the incoming receipt. So it seems to be a delayed processing issue with updating the feed entry, not the overall receipt of the credit into the account.

1 Like

It did cause me a slight bit of anxiety whereby a 3 fig sum wasn’t showing up in the transaction feed for x2 Monzo users. I’ve never had any problems at 4pm before, I usually take the money and move it about no problem :roll_eyes:

I thought that more nodes were just automatically spun up to cope with surges like this :thinking:

1 Like

I think it’s probably a coincidence. I’ve not noticed complaints/problems at other 4PMs.

1 Like