Monzo premium Phone insurance for the Samsung Fold 4

I have just purchased the Samsung Galaxy Fold 4 and was looking to attach this to my Monzo Premium Phone insurance, but I can not find that phone on the list. Is this going to be added anytime soon?

Regards,

Peter

Youā€™ll need to ask the insurer.

I didnā€™t realise you had to register your phone to start with though? Seems a bit backwards considering the rate at which new phones come out.

4 Likes

This is the same with all mobile phone insurance isnā€™t it?

Most that Iā€™ve used donā€™t require registration.

4 Likes

My understanding is that you can register the phone if you want, but itā€™s not obligatory. It just makes it easier if you unfortunately do need to make a claim in the future.

(Iā€™m not 100pc on this for Monzo, but I think itā€™s right. It certainly worked like that with Nationwide and they use the same insurance company).

4 Likes

Thanks everyone!!! Yeah, that was what I thought, but when I go to my policy it is linked to my previous phone (Samsung s20+), with that IMEI number etc. So I am assuming this has to be changed to make sure my fold 4 is insured. There is an option button to change the registered device, but it just doesnā€™t have my current phone. I am guessing I just have to wait for them to update the list of phones.

1 Like

How are you getting on with the Fold? :pray:

Apparently, I can just email monzoclaims@assurant.com if the phone isnā€™t on the list, so hopefully that works.

The Fold 4 is great, and well built, took a little bit of time to get used to as it is A LOT heavier than anything I have had before. But the screen size makes up for it. Battery life is surprisingly good due to the Gen2 chip. The only real issue I have is that some of the apps arenā€™t optimised for that screen.

2 Likes

The monzoā€™s app is optimised for it though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Optimised for Monzo? Doesnā€™t it just extend the white (or black if Dark Mode) space between the Transaction Icon/Merchant/notes on the left and the transaction amount on the right, in the feed?

Iā€™d be interested to see a screenshot if not :pleading_face:

1 Like

I am fairly certain you donā€™t have to register phones with the Nationwide FlexPlus insurance, although I seem to remember they have (or used to have) a website where you can do so if you want to?

I have the Fold 3 and itā€™s just very stretched. Iā€™ll see if I can find a screenshot laterā€¦

Interesting. On mine, itā€™s not stretched at all, but everything is enlarged and fits nicely in the screen

1 Like

I think weā€™re probably talking the same thing. Everything is in proportion, but it doesnā€™t look particularly ā€˜optimisedā€™ if that makes sense?

It wouldnā€™t be on my priority list, but a different tablet-eque view for the unfolded screen would be cool - a bit like how Spotify changes to take advantage of the bigger display.

Ahhh yes i see what you mean.

1 Like