Monzo Pot Image Generator

I think I know what’s causing this, I’ll see if I can fix it today. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

Okay I managed to squeeze in a fix before work. I think the issue was showing all the icons at the same time (1851 icons x 4 styles + 449 brands).

I’ve changed the filters to be radio buttons so you can only show one style at a time, which should help with the slowdowns (as it’s basically as it was before now).

2 Likes

Amazing - thank you!

1 Like

As a quick top tip - if anyone is trying to find some nice colour combinations for the gradient maker - this website helps generate random but complimentary colour palettes:

it also turns out this tool is useful for replies on the forum too…

7 Likes

I’ve updated my pot images :hot_coral_heart:

A really nice side effect has been that the icons are bang on centre in the cropped pots images in the feed. Looking beautiful. :hot_coral_heart: :hot_coral_heart:

2 Likes

Adobe also have a good colour tool, Adobe Color, too.

https://color.adobe.com/create/color-wheel

1 Like

I’ve been looking through my list and there’s not a lot on there now apart from a few little tweaks. I need to do a bit of a rewrite to be able to support Font Awesome 6 when that comes out later this year (I’ll support both side-by-side if I can, or it’ll be a separate page on the site).

Here’s what I have on my list still:

• Better gallery - I want to add more brand images (especially credit card brand colours) and some more general examples
  • Switch between the different icon types in the preview
  • Add the name of the icon below in search

Is there anything other features people want that might make it more useful/nicer to use? I’m open to suggestions of use-cases I might have missed or interesting ideas.

9 Likes

Amazing work!

The only thing I’d really like is this - but accept it might be a bit of a niche request:

1 Like

Other than being in the Monzo app I can’t think of any other improvements!

3 Likes

Oh, I had a note called “Text” and I couldn’t work out what it was, it was this! I’ll add that to the list now - I’m a big fan of this idea.

4 Likes

If this was in the same style as the “monzo” text on the card, that would be amazing.

2 Likes

Good idea. I don’t supposed anyone knows what font that is?

Maison Neue I think? One of the fatter versions?

1 Like

Hmm okay, I think I’ll have to go with an alternative to avoid paying for typekit, etc. I find something close enough.

2 Likes

Have you done it yet?? :wink:

Guess what I’ve spent 20 mins doing… loving it!!!

I had a little play around, looks like the image library I use has a bug with custom fonts…but I’m sure I can work it out.

2 Likes

How does it work to use a typeface in your app - from a licensing point of view? Obviously you need a license for the type itself, (right?) - is there other stuff needed?

Closest font I can find to the Monzo logo (that isn’t the official pricy version) seems to be CMSansSerif-Medium - but I can’t really see it anywhere other than personal use license.

Edit: Link

2 Likes

Also after browsing coolors.co a bit too much this afternoon…

How nice would it be to have a 3 colour gradient option

:wink:

2 Likes

:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I think this would be covered under a personal licence but I’m not 100% on that. Will look into that font as well, thanks for putting the work in.

2 Likes