Monzo Plus – you asked us to make it simpler, so we’ve created bundles

This is a terrible change since it’s actually made it a whole lot more complicated. What if I want parts of each 3 of the plan? That’s not even possible and would incurr a huge monthly cost.

Not really an echo chamber then, just a hole we all shout in. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

This is the best way of handling it. I can’t believe that Monzo has gone from £3/mo that certainly wasn’t worth it to £25+ which definitely isn’t worth it.

The only way I might consider paying over £10/mo for monzo is for a nice metal card and This new offering only gives me the possibility of owning a metal card (winning) not actually getting it. :scream:

Back to the drawing board monzo.

1 Like

Let’s just go with that

1 Like

Then it’s not for you (or me). Stay away from it, or go somewhere with a better offer.

We absolutely are not closing the forum. It’s an invaluable resource, and I absolutely don’t think this particular situation around Plus is either representative of our high levels of customer engagement overall - look at the huge levels of engagement with Bruno around the new navigation, or with myself, Jarno, Paul and others who have been providing updates on Bill Pots and Get Paid Early. Bill Pots, as a reminder, was prioritized due to the overwhelming demand here. These are things that literally would not exist or be as good as they are without this place.

Secondly, it is quite possible that all of the feedback here around new Plus is accurate of how the wider customer base feels. We just don’t know yet. If that hypothetically ends up being the case then in that situation the community would literally have guided us through and pointed us towards a better path.

For anyone that wasn’t at Investival, this is literally what Tristan’s talk was about. You probably noted from his posts here that he’s a strong believer in learning by what we get wrong just as much as what we get right.

We expect you to tell us when something isn’t working or doesn’t suit you. Even when it’s hard for us to hear. The forum isn’t just for digital high-fives when you dig what we’re doing. It should be, and is, a reminder that we are making money work for everyone.

What I do expect - and this is important to remember for both staff and customers - is that we all bear in mind that the forum is one source of feedback and by it’s very nature it’s geared towards power users and passionate users who know a little more than the average person.

The climate also changes here - regularly. As we scale up in the US, we’ll get a lot of early US adopters here. In fact, the amount of US folks already active on here is hugely proportionally high compares to our US customer figures overall, which proves my point. That will continue throughout the early adopter phase just as it did in the UK, and then perhaps other countries will follow down the line. All of that changes the atmosphere.

I won’t lie - There has been frustration amongst people who’ve worked very hard on something only for the feedback to be negative. That’s only human. But the silver lining for me, is that internally I’ve seen a lot of communication around it and it all points in the same direction - “We should have communicated this better, let’s structure how we can engage more on the forum” from a lot of different folks. Which is music to my ears :headphones: because that’s what I truly believe in. We have endless examples. We have incredible COps, engineers, analysts, and more who were forum users first because they understood the power of it. I’ve had more headhunts and recruiters than you can even imagine from names you all know who are blown away by this place, regularly. Some of them have their own forums, some of them want them, some of them don’t. And as for other places that used to have a forum, if you don’t have transparency in your company DNA it will never work. We do, and that’s the key difference. As we’ve scaled, we have perhaps sometimes failed to communicate the importance to some teams. That’s on us, because really, we’re still a small team within what is now a much bigger company.

But I absolutely fail to see a single good reason for why we should put less focus on this place instead of more. And if you have one I’d love to hear it.

94 Likes

Many thanks for taking the time for sharing that information Simon.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Why any company would close a forum is beyond me. If I’d spent time on a forum for a company and it sad suddenly removed I’d leave that company. They clearly don’t care about customers if they do that.
Glad Monzo are keeping this place. You manage it well Simon. Always seem to be around to help.

8 Likes

At what point does the Monzo Scouts decide every Monzo Plus offering including the three new tiers has been a bad idea.

I went for “The Supporter” and it does exactly what it says on the tin. Every part of the offering is rubbish. I’m only paying this because I want to see Monzo succeed but after 6 months that’s it. If Monzo hasn’t got its act together I will be downgrading.

You can’t polish this Monzo Plus turd, but your sure rolling it around in glitter by making these new tiers.

If it’s that bad why did you sign up?

I get you want to support Monzo but seriously people buying the product just to support Monzo is the exact reason they get these things wrong as they believe people actually want them.

16 Likes

Why are you signing up for a product that you see no benefit in? That package won’t change
And what are Monzo Scouts?

1 Like

Mate… thats a bit hypocritical isnt it

2 Likes

@simon is a Monzo Scout if memory serves me correctly.

Basically a role in Monzo were the scout seeks out ideas and stress tests the idea / finds out why it won’t work to save teams doing unnecessary work.

1 Like

I think this is what lots of people don’t understand. Other aspects have had great communication. Why was their total radio silence on Plus? Staff KNEW they were not communicating, it wasn’t a learning experience for them to discover that they were not.

But thank you for your reply. I know lots of people, myself included, have given you a tough time.

3 Likes

What a ridiculous thing to do… don’t support something you think is rubbish! If nobody bought it then they’d finally get the message and build something people actually want.

It’s a business, and is designed to make money from you… this is no charity.

5 Likes

:raised_hand::grin:

3 Likes

Thanks for this Simon. Great to hear.

As you mentioned, this forum is just one way to give feedback, I’m keen to get the link to the feedback survey that was mentioned in the plus event on Tuesday evening. It seemed to be talked about to attendees but not given to those watching online?

Any chance you can dig this out?

Thanks again. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

That would be one for @Sheri - I’ve not caught up on the event yet, was it a feedback form for existing Plustomers? I’ll see what I can find out tomorrow!

5 Likes

Thanks @simonb. Yes, it was @Sheri who mentioned it around 1.40 on the livestream playback.

Took it to be feedback form for plus customers on the changes. Just wanted to be able to participate even though I couldn’t make it in person.

Thanks. :+1:

1 Like