Monzo Plus - here's what's coming next!

Just got my Monzo me name rejected. Monzo said it was because it has connotations with money. That all they can tell me. No idea why I can’t have it :man_shrugging:t2:

If you don’t mind. Thank you. I’ll pay postage

I had 3 turned down :grin:

Interesting :eyes: what were everyones rejected ones? :grinning:

I think it’s odd I can’t have a money related link. They’re a bank, money is what they do :smile:

This caught my eye this morning - clearly news related to Monzo Plus.

1 Like

Is there any time frame yet for Plus users being able to subsequently add extras such as the travel insurance opposed to having to sign up at the start point?

I’m repeating myself somewhat from a month ago, bus as someone who has a lot of trips abroad coming up, it would be handy to know if I need to get the travel insurance from elsewhere.

4 Likes

This was just posted a few minutes ago :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Don’t know if anyone at :monzo: can give an update on the other custom features and how they’re coming along ? If they’re still going to hit the 2019 time frame or even better by the end of the summer - similar to the metal card for plus customers goal timeframe.

2 Likes

I’d probably jump on when Phone Insurance is a thing :+1:

1 Like

I could do the same if its priced competitively.

I pay £8.75 a month atm for my iphone 8 plus
If it beats that price and has the same cover then im in

1 Like

Also been wondering about this, thought it was very odd

An iPhone insurance update would be brilliant :+1:

3 Likes

Can “Better Card Quality” be added to the list of features…:eyes:

Seriously though, I actually think £3 a month is good value for the interest on balance and other offers, and still waaay cheaper than most legacy banks. I can see why people feel “ripped off” and that’s one way of looking at it. Me, I don’t mind so much.

But can’t wait for more features to come :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very much looking forward to the prospect of metal cards for Plus, hopefully they’ll be similar to Apple Card in terms of the elegant look and feel etc, I just hope they don’t cost much…

I believe phone and home insurance is coming soon? I recall seeing it on their roadmap somewhere.

Yeah it is but nice to hear when it’s coming, prices, which provider etc

‘plus’ looks a lot more prominent on these too…

1 Like

Yea they seem to be :smiley:

I was offered the early bird offer about 6 weeks back but didn’t sign up because at the time there was no benefit. £3 a month for a card most people weren’t happy with. Now my early bird offer has expired new features have been added. Bit miffed about that. When I got offered the early bird discount there was no fixed dates for anything in the pipeline so wouldn’t take the plunge not knowing if I was throwing £3 a month down the drain.

2 Likes