Monzo Plus - here's what's coming next!

No option for me (:android: v2.57.0):

Hold on, that’s the signup flow right?

Pretty much. A few screens excluded. Think this is the flow for owning your own home.

I presume it’s for only when you’re signing up. For example, I don’t have Travel Insurance/Travel Money add-on’s and I can’t see them either when I try to ‘Manage’ Monzo Plus.

If you go to the Monzo Plus page on your mobile and select ‘Get Monzo Plus’ it’ll redirect you to the app and for some reason you can start the sign up process again and you can see ‘Contents Insurance’ as an option.

It’s interesting that the Monzo Plus page still says it’s Coming 2019

I’ve done this on iOS.

Oh yeah, I’m not sure you’re able to add-on if an existing customer at the moment?

I haven’t got Monzo Plus at the moment.

Last I heard it was still being worked on although it wasn’t explicitly mentioned in the Q3 update. Thought it had been surprised dropped for a minute.

Hopefully I can add it soon, id like to ditch Lloyds and do this via Plus, £10 a month is pretty dam good for what you get compared to Lloyds :exploding_head:

It’s not there yet for me on iOS 12.4 , 2.5.7.0. I am plustomers

Looks like its for people joining now at the moment :thinking:

It’ll be good if someone at Monzo could shed some light on it soon :wink: @Sheri @Jonas

I remember going through that flow when I signed up for Plus, although it wasn’t as featured as these later images show. At that point in time I declined all the ‘extra’ options and went with the base (£3pm) option only.

Now waiting for the newer options to be introduced & activated; Travel insurance, travel money, mobile cover & breakdown cover are the biggies for me.

2 Likes

What’s to shed light on?

They’ve consistently said that options can only be selected at sign-up for the moment. Mid-term option changes is a feature yet to be added.

2 Likes

As in give an update since some are seeing it in the app. It just a cheeky/joking request. Would just be good for someone from Monzo to say something, even if its “that’s not suppose to show yet - it’ll be later in Q3”

4 Likes

Hey all :wave:

Apologies for the confusion!

Contents insurance is now available for all new Monzo Plus customers (iOS and Android), but we’ve not built the functionality required to add it on for existing customers yet.

During Q3 we’re improving Monzo Plus and giving current customers the ability to add new products is a priority :slight_smile:

Best,

Benji (Product Manager for Monzo Plus)

14 Likes

Ayeeeee, thanks for the message. Looking forward to being able to add it to my account :smiley:

1 Like

Out of interest, is there a reason these features roll out to new not existing customers first?

Not a complaint, more a curiosity

1 Like

Because:

5 Likes

It looks like metal cards might be coming :soon::

13 Likes

Interesting to see both pay monthly and one off payment in there, maybe they’re still deciding if its going to be one or the other and will just toggle which ever one if need be :thinking:

2 Likes

To me this sounds like a simple split the cost over 12 months option, but of course could be tweaked before released.

2 Likes