Monzo plus card

If I join monzo plus and order my card when does my old one stop working? I’m going away next Tuesday and don’t want it to stop working while I’m away if don’t come quick enough

Your old card will stop working once you activate your new one.

8 Likes

@lumisota is correct, I activated my Plus card the other week :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For greater clarity, your existing card will continue to work after signing up for Plus until you take the action of activating your new card. (i.e., you have nothing to worry about in terms of going away Tuesday (and I’d expect it should arrive before then anyway if you order today))

3 Likes

Thanks all.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying this as it was causing me anxiety if I was going to be left without a card for a day or two. :exploding_head: :blush:

I wonder if you might also know if the new card has a different number, I would assume so. The downside of plus would be re registering cards with websites, Apple/GPay etc.

Yes it has a different number :slight_smile:

Just on the topic of Monzo Cards, does anyone know if you can magswipe and sign on Card readers to make a payment in the UK?

Never tried it but I did see one or two shops (if I remember correctly both have been petrol stations) with card readers that seem to have a screen that people can use to sign.

Most of UK banks will block magstripe payments straight out in the UK (and usually also if the terminal also takes chip and pin)

Yes

The old card will stop once you activate the new one that came in the post using the app :slight_smile: