Monzo now lets you get paid a day early, for free

I’ve just had a double check, none of the actions we’ve taken would have impacted these upcoming transactions. If they’re in our system at the right stage, we’re showing them

2 Likes

All the people saying that there should be a notification. Has anyone actually checked with their employer that payment has been sent?

Personally that’s where I would start and while you’re on the phone to HR check if it is sent via BACs.

I haven’t had mine early either is due in account Monday and is paid via Bacs tried chat but the wait is hours

Potential problem found?; https://monzo.statuspage.io/
There does seem to be a definitive pattern developing

Has anyone had any luck? Still had no notification at all and it is well after 4pm here

Must have just happened as I’m not long after getting a SMS code for a 3DS payment

This only works for BACS - My work pay via ‘Fast Payments’ or ‘FBLUK’ which read as BACS on your bank statement - which is just confusing!
I spoke to someone at Monzo and this has come up a few times -so they’re looking into

How odd! Which bank shows it as a Bacs payment on their statements?

Natwest I think - hence my hope being dashed!

Yep. A client did their BACS run yesterday, the money is in my business account today, rather than having to wait until Monday. Thanks Monzo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did the same too earlier today :wink: :raised_hands:

Haven’t seen this on new nav yet, but id rather not get the push notification for this. I like knowing the feature is there if i need it, but i dont want to be actively tempted to use it.

Feel like changing my month to start the day before payday so that unnecessary use of this feature stops messing up my stats

I haven’t seen anything about pending incoming pay. My friend works for the same company and received the pending notification at 8am and claimed it at 4.
I’m also still on the old app layout, unsure if it’s related.

Sorry if this has been asked before but when I used Get Paid Early it then included the early salary in my month end summary, so what I had left in my account was a very high number and not the usual smaller amount that would be left. Is there any way to exclude this or flag it so it’s not included? I’d like to know how much money I had left at the end of the month. That way I can work out if I can save any extra per month.

I mean the simplest way to do this is to just wait a day and not claim it early.

4 Likes

Or move your summary start date if your thinking of doing this regularly.

2 Likes

Yea, the summary screen needs updated to take into account Get Paid Early users.

1 Like

It works from a set date so being paid early doesn’t affect it at all. If you want to change the date to accommodate early pay, you can do that already.

How do you do “day before last working day of the month”?

Well, I was offered the job yesterday and accepted, so guess I’ll be finding out very soon! #BACSPlease

19 Likes