Monzo now lets you get paid a day early, for free

Congratulations! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thank you! :tada:

Congratulations indeed :bananadance: - that’s a really good result from what seemed like a bit of a downer. Wishing you all the best in your new role!

Fingers crossed for BACS! Congratulations!

If they don’t offer BACS, ask them to do it just for you lol

(oh and Congratulations :bananadance:)

Yes but if you choose a day before, you can’t adjust it to the corresponding next pay day.

I mean it’s definitely a bug / not implemented. It’s not really up for debate.

1 Like

Nice one! Congratulations :partying_face:

Yep, really did think I’d fluffed it. :sweat_smile: Thanks!

Thanks, here’s hoping! :crossed_fingers:

Good plan. :rofl: Thank you!

Thanks! :tada:

4 Likes

Switched my ESA payment to Monzo today and also my (sadly) final salary payment which will be towards the end of the month. Will be nice to have the option to get these payments early if I need to but for the most part I will probably try and let the payments run their natural course.

2 Likes

Hi Brendan. Welcome to the community!

Yes, it is nice to have the option there should the need arrive. It was very handy for me over the bank holiday weekend

1 Like

I can see my ESA payment due for tomorrow showing up greyed out :slightly_smiling_face:

Another reason why this is good, besides getting the money early if needed, is if it doesn’t show, BACS payments can still be recalled on day two of the process (If the bank it is paid into is willing) so if it doesn’t show you can still call the payer and check the details. I constantly fret (About everything) about giving the wrong bank details over the phone so this adds a layer of comfort that I would otherwise need to wait another day.

That’s good to know. I am about to hit the switch and go full Monzo again from HSBC - and I get PIP and several other benefits all paid in via BACS - I was reading through to see someone else who gets benefits and right at the end there you are @bhoylegend - good to know it works with them too! - I have some coming in on the 23rd and other days so I will switch now - I understand it’s 3 years of re directs so I won’t have to worry about going down the job centre with new details for a while. Or maybe they are told also?

Anyone got a payment due to be paid early today? I try click on it so it can come up with more details but the app crashes. Will see what it’s like at 4pm but wanted to see if it was an app issue or if it’s just this transaction!

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and see if you still have that issue.

Should have tried that first :man_facepalming: That worked, cheers!

1 Like

This is a nice one to get a day early!

4 Likes

You’ll upset a lot of the cheque imaging supporters with that screenshot :speak_no_evil:

They’re adamant that the HMRC will still only issue cheques :scream:

11 Likes

HMRC sent me a P800 and cheque within the same letter. Didn’t even give me the chance to request a payment via BACS. Last year I just received the P800 and claimed a BACS refund :man_shrugging:t2:

Same here.

1 Like

Dunno what happened there then, I was just being a bit cheeky with my comment that’s all :speak_no_evil:

When I got my last P800 it has a paragraph on the back that says if you do nothing they will issue a cheque in 60 days, otherwise register on their website, provide your details and they’ll BACs the money over in 14 days.

Don’t quote me on the timeframes but perhaps you missed the first letter and therefore they sent a cheque? :man_shrugging:

Edit: Found it on their website:

3 Likes