Monzo Monthly Update: April

fruity bankcard cries?

1 Like

Duh :tipping_hand_man:t3::smirk:

1 Like

Don’t give me logical answers :smirk::joy:

But if I happened to have several transactions etc.

I’m just saying it would be a small hurdle as opposed to a massive blocker :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agree that seeing the actual transaction amount is more important to me that the rounded figure.

I still track my spending across all accounts. I’d love to see a daily total of ‘transferred to coin jar’

Too much in the feed at the moment, and cannot search by day (unless I’m missing something) but would be nice to see a total transferred each day. Ideally as a separate feed for the pot.

4 Likes

Yes - I can see why, if you had several transactions for similar amounts at the same merchant in one day, it might take an extra thirty seconds… ;-p

Agreed, I like the touch of having badges on top of the merchant logo since it looks clean but I would personally prefer seeing the original transaction amount and possibly a greyed out value below it (like foreign transaction amounts). But I guess the design team has already considered this option and did not like it?

12 Likes

In regards to the setting up of a payday, first of all it’s a great idea and will really help organise my budgeting ( if the spending tab corresponds to the pay day setting, ie March Pay day to April’s Payday spending), but as read above, many people have varied pay days, like mine is the last WORKING Friday of every month, and I think the key word a lot of us are using is ‘Working’ because if the Last Friday, say Fri 30th March was a bank holiday, I got paid on the Thurs 29th. Get what I mean?
I love the updates though and I’m sure this will be something you will be able to implement once the payday setting in complete! :hugs: :money_mouth_face::pound:

Great update, Monzo.

If anyone from Monzo is reading this, I think these updates could be better presented in visual form. Maybe a video?

Interestingly, do you have any figures for the amount of people that read your monthly updates?

I quite like text. Easier to read on the go or quickly between other stuff. But others will have different preferences!

4 Likes

I disagree. Video takes longer to consume - you pretty much have to watch the whole thing and can’t skim through for the bits interesting or relevant to you like you can with a text article. Video also takes longer to create, and then a text version has to be (or should be, I suppose) created on top of this so that the video is subtitled and accessible to the disabled. And once a text version exists at this point, it can be published as a text read anyway with a few minor edits, and I suspect most people would then choose to read that instead of watching the video.

3 Likes

Were definitely looking at the fact pay days alter slightly. I was excited to see what were testing for it right now, if it works as it should, I believe it’s a pretty good solution.

7 Likes

I believe this is certain android versions (for security reasons), but should be in your settings as below. :blush:

Love the coin jar round up, I assume statements will show the real values and transfers (like our current spending screen).

I love the look of the new spending tab, really excited for this.

Hope that helps

Screenshot_20180406-122202__01

Absolutely, your transaction will look like this:

0103%402x

We will also make clear the specific transaction amounts in the notification you receive

18 Likes

So how does one get onto the staff TestFlight version :thinking:

SmartSelect_20180329-174329_Monzo

Be staff? :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

4 Likes

Waiting for the Northern office :blush:

3 Likes

The thread for CASS feedback was actually created 9 days ago, so it was still in March :smile:

Created in a Monzo staff area & then moved over. Take a look at the blog post time.

Agree that having the real transaction amount + coin jar badge + greyed out amount for coin jar under the same transaction should be the way to go.

Don’t like the rounded up total in the feed.

Also looking forward to revamp of spending, I currently haven’t changed all my direct debits and salary payments across to Monzo but will do once this is implemented.

3 Likes

Personally I really do like the rounded up total. Keeps the transactions really tidy. And then if ever we get pot transaction lists this would be the reverse (change on the list and the transaction it’s from in the detail).

As long as the statement is still itemised I see no issues.

What I would still REALLY like to see is the days balance on the date lines. The pulse info just does not cover this well enough yet. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes