Monzo Mini (Current Account for Kids)

Been a while since I’ve used the Ideas topic, and it got me thinking how Monzo don’t seem to be competing with Starling when it comes to providing children’s accounts…

No idea if they plan on in the future or if something is in the pipeline but I got bored and even made a little graphic for it so may as well post it, I feel like Monzo’s design and UI would be perfect for a children’s account.

I know someone will say “parents can just create a virtual card linked to a pot for them” but I feel there’s more financial learning for a kid to have their own account and own card they can use to tap away at vendors, “digital money isn’t real money” kinda thing…

8 Likes

Cool mock-up, but @revels is gonna have an aneurism when they see this.

7 Likes

Then they can use Mini.me as a kid’s version of Monzo.me? :smile:

11 Likes

hahah brilliant idea!!

1 Like
5 Likes

Burst out laughing as I saw the last one get added on as I was typing hahahahah

You think I read any of those before posting! I spent that time playing around in Photoshop :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

You don’t need to read them, just use the search box :laughing:

3 Likes

You must have these in a Word document!

I like the concept art, but not enough squiggles

4 Likes

I imagine they just copied and pasted from the same topic someone posted a few hours ago:

1 Like

I posted them all earlier today because someone else didn’t search this morning.

I like the card design too. One for your collection but you’d need to have a child. Dedication!

2 Likes

But even then, you’ve posted these so many times, you must have them saved! I wouldn’t have the patience to search every time…

They’re a bot :robot:

(or on a desktop where you can just right click and copy URL from each topic in the search results list)

3 Likes

It probably makes business sense as well. A lot of people never change their bank (I certainly didn’t for a very long time), so if you catch the new generation, it will surely pay off for Monzo in the long run.

1 Like

More squiggles!

8 Likes

Now show it in the dark, where the green is glowing… Also, needs to be a small card, for small hands.

3 Likes

Oh sorry, I mean the cartoon-y and squiggly graphics that New Monzo like to put all over the place

1 Like

Small card like the Clubcard one you get for your keys.

Why so big? Why not just make the card, the actual chip :joy:

2 Likes

Dark mode, radioactive, mini card

8 Likes

Yup.

And it works.

1 Like