Monzo Metal Card

Metal cards are pointless and unnecessary so save your money or waste it on something else that’s equally useless like a year’s subscription to The Guardian.

2 Likes

I’d rather have a metal card, thanks for the offer though

I understand the situation there.

Speculation, but I can see this turning into a ‘we have limited supply because they’re hard to make’ kinda thing so first come first served unless you win one in the Monzo lottery which encourages people to sign up in case they’re in the lucky few.

3 Likes

Yea makes sense. We will see I suppose - plus will hopefully find out more on the event on Tuesday

Who’s watching the event?!

Anyone who signs up to all three of the new Plus bundles will be given a metal card as a limited time offer.

Make of that what you will.

3 Likes

Seems a lot of money a month to get a metal card early. Seems like they are looking at the “elite” bundles like Revolut Metal or Curve Metal, lets hope the price is competitive…

The investors are pulling the strings, everything is about £ now.

2 Likes

£25 for all three.

1 Like

They’ve also said that metal will be for users who ‘interact with Monzo in a certain way’ or ‘interact with certain bundles’.

So the option to just buy one as an add on is looking a lot less likely.

Yeah which seems expensive, Curve Metal is £15 a month a Revolut Metal is £12.99! Let’s hope these “elite” bundles are cheaper, but they didn’t go into much detail on those.

1 Like

Yeah I heard that, interested to see what they mean, I’d imagine if users move to the new bundles they have more of a chance of getting one potentially than users who cancel or stay on the current plus.

1 Like

WOW!! It’s just getting ridiculous now, it’s turning into a money making now in my opinion could be wrong if someone wants all three but fair play to them

4 Likes

I must have missed the moment where Plus was not intended to be a money making addition to the core offering

2 Likes

I get it was always going to make money, I just mean in terms of £25, I don’t know anymore for me am loosing faith now

Well, they were trialling the metal card at £70-90 as a one off fee so if that’s a true price you’d be getting a good “discount” on the benefits over the 6 month minimum term.

I wouldn’t do it, but…

2 Likes

That’s definitely one way of looking at it!

You can only pay with the Apple Card if you have your device nearby. So no use for the card to be contactless.

This comment has aged well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Seeing a lot of good suggestions where normal customers are stating how they’d love the idea etc etc then you’ll see investors saying no as they feel they are more important than the customers. “It’ll not make me loads of money so it’s a no from me” kind of replies. Give it another 12 months and these investors will think about the money and sell to a bank like Barclays even if it’s not in the interest of their customers. Monzo was set up to do things fair instead of making billions out of us. Already they are putting ideas aside as the cost would be greater than profit. The cheque imaging facility is a great example of that but not limited to.
Monzo is worth a lot of money, it’s time for the investors to cash out and allow Monzo to grow and improve without investors saying no due to costings.

Investors on the forum hold a tiny percentage of the overall shares. So tiny that their influence is completely none existent when it comes to having any additional influence over the rest of the customer base

Investors are customers and so comment based on what they want to see from the account that actually use

Cheque imaging was put down the priority list due to open banking and SCA legislation which meant they needed to be implemented in a specific time period

7 Likes