Monzo Metal Card

Someone has an agenda of some sort I guess but I can’t work out what it is. If all those posts are on the forum, I haven’t seen them.

5 Likes

Investors almost everytime will think about the idea being profitable for their return when/if Monzo goes public. Investors don’t just give money away to loose money. They’ve invested to get a return on their money. So to say they solely comment on customer basis is rubbish. Fair play they might not have much say on things. But I’ve seen many posts where investors have argued until there face has turned blue even though 90% of commenters agreed the idea was a good idea.

So you think someone who bought 1 share (as many did) are solely interested in the returns? Especially since it’s an illiquid asset that could be tied up for several years and is just as likely to reduce in value as people are questioning unicorn valuations in response to the WeWork debacle

You are assuming it’s because people with an investor flair are considering their returns and not just because they don’t agree with that 90% because they just don’t agree?

5 Likes

Yeah, I think you’re squashing too many things together and trying to make a coherent point out of them. It may work on the surface but, doesn’t really carry much weight.

Generally, customers who invest are looking for the customer experience first with the hope of some return later on. If the customer experience goes bad, they’re out - read the Monzo Plus threads for evidence of that!

3 Likes

I agree, that there’s a lot of small investors who don’t care and just want to be apart of the next big thing. But the bigger investors will obviously be looking at ideas as profitable or not. I just feel reading some replies on threads that some investors seem to think they are more important than customers. It’s just a observation that I’ve made. Some banging ideas get suggested.

Sorry, no. I’ve been reading stuff on here since 2016 and it simply isn’t so. People who’ve invested have opinions. The opinions aren’t universally related to the investment decision.

Anyway, at this point we’re way off the topic of metal cards which is what is supposed to be discussed here.

6 Likes

Just saw this in Twitter, I know Monzo won’t do this, but looks pretty amazing (ignore the price!)

3 Likes

I loved Naga when she was told it doesn’t do contactless…

“What?!? For £18000 I’d expect that!”

1 Like

£18,000 and it’s only 18 carats? Outrageous.

3 Likes

Can they do a raffle for one of those please.

1 Like

Having played with a metal Amex and revolut card is i would love to see a monzo take

1 Like

I think this is probably coming with the next iteration of Plus.

2 Likes

I need a metal card. Hope this comes soon. For the flex value I’d pay £20/mo. :kissing_closed_eyes:

Just out of interest if you don’t mind me asking, why do you “need” a metal card?

3 Likes

Seconding this. What makes it a ‘need’ rather than a ‘want’?

2 Likes

People who see no value in a metal cards have probably never seen a metal card. It does sound stupid, but there’s something very special about them, in the same way that a Ferrari is more special than a car everybody else has.

When you hold a metal card, then you’ll need one too :sunglasses:

I’ve held Revolut, N26 and Curve metal cards (not my own) and all of them are very special. I wouldn’t pay for those cards though because I don’t use their services,

I do however need a Monzo metal card, will pay whatever it costs and i will do whatever it takes to get one before you lot :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I can understand that. I actually do want one - it was something I was looking forward to before The Great Plus Omnishambles of 2019.

3 Likes

Just to throw a different perspective in here, I can understand why you get that impression. As someone who has owned a metal card (N26) I felt exactly the same way as you; for the first month or so anyway. The honeymoon period does end (or at least it did for me), then I just wasn’t bothered wether it was metal or not, and ended up downgrading.

3 Likes

I can understand people “wanting” a metal card.
Hey, whatever floats your boat.

But I think I can safely say nobody “needs” a metal card

6 Likes

So Monzo is going to charge for these most likely? I wouldn’t personally pay for one on a monthly basis. My gripe is I think they should be selling these at cost price plus admin and distribution considering this helps the planet instead of all the plastic waste from cards over the years.

You could argue a plastic card is still good due to the duration of use over 4 years but I don’t know if they can be recycled.

1 Like